Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Comics Greatest World cards 101-109
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comics Greatest World cards 101-109
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Ever notice how tough to find these 9 promos for the 1994 Topps set are ?

I, and others I have spoken to, have never seen all 9 cards as singles, just a few different ones

However, I have an uncut sheet of all 9... somewhere

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Yes, four years since you asked, these are still hard to find. Sometimes, I see the promo pack that had one in it for sale but maybe just once in the last 3-4 years.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Ever notice how tough to find these 9 promos for the 1994 Topps set are ?

I, and others I have spoken to, have never seen all 9 cards as singles, just a few different ones

However, I have an uncut sheet of all 9... somewhere

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card 109. It's the only one of the subset I have.

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember that years ago, when these would show up, you'd always see the same 3 or 4 cards, of the 9. In fact, a long time ago, I may have had duplicates of 2 of them.

I never came across all of them as singles--however, I do have the 9 cards. But it appears on close examination that some of them were obviously cut from the 9 card sheet. Oh, well.

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An Ebay seller had multiples of the uncut 9 card sheet up for grabs over the past few days. They sold for $ 20 and up each.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought one of them and just received it today. They were advertised as "Mint" but mine was far from (two creased/bumped corners, one worn corner and a dent along one side). I'm still keeping it because it is such an unusual uncut sheet and will provide a scan when I get a chance.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears the seller had four copies of the sheet. I bought one for $20 and the seller offered the last one for $29 but took a Best Offer. Another seller offered a sheet for $95 but took a best offer (maybe $75-80?). That sheet looks like it's NM.

The temptation would be to get a sheet professionally cut into singles since singles are rarely seen for sale but it seems few people even knew about the sheets until recently.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess, can you please post a scan of the sheet ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay. It just took longer to get the lighting right.

As you can see, someone at Topps made a mistake in that while the puzzle piece singles might form a complete image, the 9-card sheet doesn't, breaking up Mike Mignola's artwork

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, Jess. Yes, back in the day I was never able to find all 9 cards as singles. At the most, I found 3 or 4 of the 9. And for reasons unknown when I found singles it was always the same cards. Never saw what all 9 looked like until I found the sheet