Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Comics Greatest World cards 101-109

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/5517011476

December 30, 2014, 07:03 PM
David R
Comics Greatest World cards 101-109
Ever notice how tough to find these 9 promos for the 1994 Topps set are ?

I, and others I have spoken to, have never seen all 9 cards as singles, just a few different ones

However, I have an uncut sheet of all 9... somewhere
April 10, 2019, 10:01 PM
catskilleagle
Hi David,

Yes, four years since you asked, these are still hard to find. Sometimes, I see the promo pack that had one in it for sale but maybe just once in the last 3-4 years.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Ever notice how tough to find these 9 promos for the 1994 Topps set are ?

I, and others I have spoken to, have never seen all 9 cards as singles, just a few different ones

However, I have an uncut sheet of all 9... somewhere

June 16, 2021, 10:06 PM
catskilleagle
Here's card 109. It's the only one of the subset I have.

June 17, 2021, 12:29 PM
David R
I remember that years ago, when these would show up, you'd always see the same 3 or 4 cards, of the 9. In fact, a long time ago, I may have had duplicates of 2 of them.

I never came across all of them as singles--however, I do have the 9 cards. But it appears on close examination that some of them were obviously cut from the 9 card sheet. Oh, well.
January 11, 2024, 03:09 PM
David R
An Ebay seller had multiples of the uncut 9 card sheet up for grabs over the past few days. They sold for $ 20 and up each.
January 12, 2024, 09:37 PM
catskilleagle
I bought one of them and just received it today. They were advertised as "Mint" but mine was far from (two creased/bumped corners, one worn corner and a dent along one side). I'm still keeping it because it is such an unusual uncut sheet and will provide a scan when I get a chance.
January 12, 2024, 10:04 PM
catskilleagle
It appears the seller had four copies of the sheet. I bought one for $20 and the seller offered the last one for $29 but took a Best Offer. Another seller offered a sheet for $95 but took a best offer (maybe $75-80?). That sheet looks like it's NM.

The temptation would be to get a sheet professionally cut into singles since singles are rarely seen for sale but it seems few people even knew about the sheets until recently.
January 13, 2024, 07:08 AM
David R
Jess, can you please post a scan of the sheet ?
January 14, 2024, 02:05 PM
catskilleagle
Okay. It just took longer to get the lighting right.

As you can see, someone at Topps made a mistake in that while the puzzle piece singles might form a complete image, the 9-card sheet doesn't, breaking up Mike Mignola's artwork

January 14, 2024, 04:35 PM
David R
Thanks for posting, Jess. Yes, back in the day I was never able to find all 9 cards as singles. At the most, I found 3 or 4 of the 9. And for reasons unknown when I found singles it was always the same cards. Never saw what all 9 looked like until I found the sheet