Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sell sheets
 Login/Join

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted
Could there be a possibility of having a designated area on CT for sell sheets. I don't know if very many people collect these things but they are very popular in the circles I run with and I am a big collector of these sheets of paper, could also swap sheets in this area as I have a ton I need to trade away. I consider these a big part of the hobby and classify them as promotional material. I know that Mike Fitz started something cool awhile ago where he tried to catalogue sell sheets and came up with a master list, I have found that to be pretty resourceful. This area could be used to update that list or announce new additions for instance or a definition of what constitutes a sell sheet could be discussed, as I know that has not been determined yet. Sell sheet questions could be asked in this area as well as posting pics of sheets for those who are curious. But if this is something that can be easily posted about in the Promo card section or promo talk sections then that will be understood. I know I have some sell sheet questions right now but not sure if there is enough interest to pose them. Thanks for any feedback.

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I agree with Zane. Thumb Up

Sell sheet collectors unite. Wave

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I always thought they counted under promos and I think of them the same way

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
I always thought they counted under promos and I think of them the same way

That makes sense to me. Wavey

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i always thought the same

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I think there is already a section these could be posted in. New Promos Releases (not card related) They are promos, but they are not cards. They just need to change the description of that section a little to include sell sheets, because most sell sheets are card related. Big Grin

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I think there is already a section these could be posted in. New Promos Releases (not card related) They are promos, but they are not cards. They just need to change the description of that section a little to include sell sheets, because most sell sheets are card related. Big Grin

Which is why they go in New Promo releases, they are promos, and they are card related Big Grin

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

Which is why they go in New Promo releases, they are promos, and they are card related Big Grin

That's where I would have posted if I wanted to start a topic on sell sheets. I don't think a new section in the promos forum is need for just sell sheets .

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Warning: Mixed signals being sent (and received) above...

Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
How about doing a Poll?

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
The correct answer is to keep them in the trading section.
Now move along decision has been made Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
If they're promos why aren't they called Promo Sheets? Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
If they're promos why aren't they called Promo Sheets? Razz
They are in some circles Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
there are many names for them
Promo Sheets, Sell Sheets, Ad Slicks, Flyers, mini-posters

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
They've worked hard to achieve more than just a simple classification, but are being kept back by the man.

Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i really think there should be a section for sell sheets as they are different from promos but they do go with a set tho yes some people collect them some people dont its only the same as promos isbt it? dont some collect them and some dont!

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
what i mean is have it under the promos section but just open a new forum section for the sell sheets

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd revive this thread. 1993 Marvel Masterpieces Series II Sell Sheet By Skybox just sold for $130 on Ebay. I think that's the most I've seen a sell sheet sell for. Does anyone know what the rarest sell sheet is, regardless of its price?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I take it that sell sheets are not made anymore. I used to collect these and have loads of them but have not seen any new ones for years.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I thought I'd revive this thread. 1993 Marvel Masterpieces Series II Sell Sheet By Skybox just sold for $130 on Ebay. I think that's the most I've seen a sell sheet sell for. Does anyone know what the rarest sell sheet is, regardless of its price?

Albert,
Sell sheets are commanding some good prices right now. Not sure if people are discovering them or are bored from staying at home and spending money but I have been watching the sales too and they appear to be taking off depending on the title and scarcity. a "rare" sheet will depend on the buyer's need to have it. But there are many scarce sheets out there. Does anyone have a Munsters Rittenhouse Archives sheet? Or how about a Biosphere Acorn Productions sheet, there are so many I can name.

As far as new sheets being released, I haven't seen any for the last couple of years but Topps did release some walking Dead sell sheets around 2017 I think and RR Parks is still making sell sheets as well.

If you are a sell sheet collector like me, please get in touch, would to love to trade or talk about them since there are so many more I need for my collection Thumb Up

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post