Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sell sheets
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zane DeVan:

Albert,
Does anyone have a Munsters Rittenhouse Archives sheet? Or how about a Biosphere Acorn Productions sheet, there are so many I can name.

If you are a sell sheet collector like me, please get in touch, would to love to trade or talk about them since there are so many more I need for my collection Thumb Up[/QUOTE

I didn't know the Biosphere sell sheets were rare. It makes sense though. There are 2 different ones if I remember correctly without looking. If someone wants to post a picture for me, I wouldn't mind.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

As I recall, 5-6 of the early Biosphere promo cards were rubber-cemented to a sell sheet or oversized card.

If it's a little too much heavy-lifting for someone working the back-end of Card Talk to add a section, I think a Sell Sheets thread would rightfully go in the General Promo Talk section.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

Albert,
Does anyone have a Munsters Rittenhouse Archives sheet? Or how about a Biosphere Acorn Productions sheet, there are so many I can name.

If you are a sell sheet collector like me, please get in touch, would to love to trade or talk about them since there are so many more I need for my collection Thumb Up[/QUOTE

I didn't know the Biosphere sell sheets were rare. It makes sense though. There are 2 different ones if I remember correctly without looking. If someone wants to post a picture for me, I wouldn't mind.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
I only have the one Biosphere sell sheet, I'm not even sure what the second one looks like, would be cool to see it though if someone has it Thumb Up

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi Promoking,

As I recall, 5-6 of the early Biosphere promo cards were rubber-cemented to a sell sheet or oversized card.

If it's a little too much heavy-lifting for someone working the back-end of Card Talk to add a section, I think a Sell Sheets thread would rightfully go in the General Promo Talk section.

Jess

quote:

Albert,

Yes. I wholeheartedly agree. This thread belongs with promos. Maybe Todd can arrange a transfer?
You're right about them coming rubber cemented to the sheet. I looked and I have 2 different sheets of those an a completely different one with pictures of some of the promos on it.

Zane,
Based on when you made your request, I don't think it's going to happen buddy! I hope you don't mind hanging around the really weird collectors again Wave

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I'd move it to the promo section if I knew how. I'm not a good moderator.

Someone needs to list sell sheets in a book somewhere. They should be documented at least to some extent.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Zane,
Based on when you made your request, I don't think it's going to happen buddy! I hope you don't mind hanging around the really weird collectors again Wave[/QUOTE]

Ha! I am one of the “weirdos” too AlbertSmile never gonna escape this hobby. Hey if possible can you send me scans of the biosphere sell sheets you have, would love to catalogue those.

And Todd, maybe one day I can make a book of all my sell sheets, just need to find the time Thumb Up

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zane DeVan:

Hey if possible can you send me scans of the biosphere sell sheets you have, would love to catalogue those.

Wish I knew how to. Perhaps someone can help?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, Promoking, it goes something like this. First, it is necessary to understand that you are not attaching an image as in an email. You are embedding a link to an image that exists elsewhere online. It can be an image from any website though you shouldn't get one from a sales site, because once the listing expires, the link will be broken and the image will no longer show. Most people use some kind of file hosting/image sharing service. Have the Card Talk thread ready to post to. You may want to type whatever text you want in the reply or new discussion first so the link appears below it.

When you have isolated an image you want to embed in a post, you right-click on it and select "Open link in new tab," and then click on that tab which has just appeared on your tab bar. Copy the URL. Go to the Card Talk thread and Reply. The box comes up and you'll see the row of icons above the reply field. Go the third icon from the right, click on it and paste the URL into the Image URL field. Click the "OK" button which is to the right just below the Image URL field. Your link to the image should appear wherever you click within the field. It is embedded at this point. After you click "Post Now," the image itself should show in your post.

Jess

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Zane DeVan:

Hey if possible can you send me scans of the biosphere sell sheets you have, would love to catalogue those.

Wish I knew how to. Perhaps someone can help?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All: Per a request, I have moved the sell sheets thread to general promo talk since it's now more discussion about sell sheets than a suggestion request.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi All: Per a request, I have moved the sell sheets thread to general promo talk since it's now more discussion about sell sheets than a suggestion request.

Thanks.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Harris! Good to hear from you...

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Biosphere sell sheet for anyone who hasn't seen it. Albert showed me pics of 2 other sell sheets for Biosphere that are now on my want listSmile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
A truly endangered card sell sheet.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the image, Zane.