Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1998 Buffy season 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1998 Buffy season 1
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
E Bay item 1840150440
I am thinking of purchasing this card is it a promo with the 1/1 # or is it the How to Kill A Vampire card inserted at the rate of1:108 packs
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
E Bay item 1840150440
I am thinking of purchasing this card is it a promo with the 1/1 # or is it the How to Kill A Vampire card inserted at the rate of1:108 packs
Thanks for any help.

Do you have a link to the item?
The item number isn't coming up with anything.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The number is wrong, it should be.....

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Don't know how to tell it's a preproduction card but it looks like the 1:108 How To Kill A Vampire card.

See item 163663320961.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It looks just like my pack card. If it's a pre-production card, I can't tell the difference from the photos. The card DOES open up though, and the auction pictures do not show that.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed putting in the last #s.Going to learn how to put up pictures.
There was a pre production card reputed to be a 1/1 put up about 18 months ago and it compared both cards but I cannot remember the difference.
I too think that this one is the 1/180 one.
Just wanted some opinions before I jumped.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there some discussion of this Buffy card in the New Promo section within the past year ?

I believe there was a pre-production version of the regular chase card, in which it was thinner, the color was slightly different, and the photos may have been different, as well, and it was said to be 1/1. The seller was asking $ 300 or so.

Not the same card ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes that would be the one .
I thought that I had it saved somewere but cant seem to pull it up
There were differences in print , thickness , colour etc ,
I will try and contact seller and see if they are prepared to show or give a bit more explanation on the item .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the discussion from 2018....

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....057037096#7057037096

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok and I see that I had some input into the conversation
This was exactly a year ago and then the card in question was put on the market i think that I asked the seller about it and another picture was put up
This could be the same card and seller but dont know
Anyway i think that it is a card not described properly and as it is in a screw down slab the seller has not bothered to check it out and is just going by say so or what he/she has been told about it