Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Another website for promos and various trading cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another website for promos and various trading cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I stumbled upon this site a couple of years ago and then lost track of it, finding it again last year. I haven't seen anyone mention it here so check it out:

http://cardznew.blogspot.com/

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
found it... bought it...happy days mate Bouncey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Just received my set of 5 1992 Floops promo cards, very happy and a quick delivery
Cards are : Wade Bugs
Stickey Henderson
Ken Groovy Jr.
Barry Bones
Lance Perishable
A bit old school, but very cool set of promos...

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That one used to be harder to find. Unopened packs went for $20-25 back in the 2000's. A lot of packs appeared on the market after around 2010. Today, it's easy to find for $2-3/pack or as a set of singles.

Yeah, it's a good set to have. There was a story that Pro Set was going to make a regular set but MLB didn't like that idea so it never happened.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
Just received my set of 5 1992 Floops promo cards, very happy and a quick delivery
Cards are : Wade Bugs
Stickey Henderson
Ken Groovy Jr.
Barry Bones
Lance Perishable
A bit old school, but very cool set of promos...

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, it's a good set to have. There was a story that Pro Set was going to make a regular set but MLB didn't like that idea so it never happened.

Yeah cats, I did hear the same thing, glad I got it at a good price as I never new it existed other than seeing it on the other thread, sweet pickings lol

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen this Flopps promo set mentioned a couple times recently and see that no one has brought up the 6th card, the "Dave Porker" scratch'n'sniff card. Surely it can't be that uncommon? Anyway, here's a scan for those who may not have seen it:

Flopps by Greg Geerts, on Flickr

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen that card for sale but was suspicious of it for some reason. I did hear it was unreleased. Have you known about this card for a long time? It isn't listed in PCE2008.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I've seen that card for sale but was suspicious of it for some reason. I did hear it was unreleased. Have you known about this card for a long time? It isn't listed in PCE2008.

Jess

I can't say for sure when I picked them up...I'm guessing at least 10 years ago?

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
None of the Flopps cards were released because the company was enjoined from doing so after MLB sued Pro Set and won.
The "Dave Porker" card is quite scarce. It was supposed to be a chase card for the set that never was. It surfaced only after Pro Set closed its doors. Originally, the Bankruptcy Trustee for Pro Set was the only one who had these. Since Pro Set had almost no assets to speak of, he told me that he was partly paid for his work in trading cards, a topic he knew nothing about. Afterwards, he sold off everything in a couple of months on Ebay in the late 1990s and sailed into the sunset.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The site has disappeared. Did it go on vacation?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the rare Flopps "Dave Porker" cards sold for $49.99 on June 22.