Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Wars Shop Holiday Cards (2008)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/5107026496

October 15, 2020, 10:51 AM
David R
Star Wars Shop Holiday Cards (2008)
Has anyone been able to complete this 11 card set by Topps, released by the Star Wars Shop in late 2008 ? Cards were randomly sent with orders of various items, t-shirts, toys, etc., just tossed in the boxes, so frequently damaged.

You NEVER see singles of these on ebay anymore, especially the very hard to find Boba Fett card # 1, limited to 500.

Around 2010, I saw a complete set of 11 sell on ebay for about $ 550.00, and I never saw another set for sale.

I have all of the rare 1990s Star Wars promos, the Yoda, Vehicles refractors, and all of the rest, and yet I do not have ANY of these. Not even one single. Frown

Here are pictures.

http://www.legendlore.com/product/p0002308.html
December 13, 2022, 05:12 PM
Tommy C
I am still looking for these. Have not seen any singles in years.

Good thing that link has images of all 11 cards.
December 13, 2022, 05:42 PM
chesspieceface
I got a decent number of them at the time, buying clearance-priced or else just cheaper items, such as calendars and action figures, specifically to get a card. I don't remember exactly what I have, but I know I didn't complete the set. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the rare #1 card. I do remember selling a couple of doubles way back when. I might have one or two more, and should probably list them.

The condition on them really will be hit and miss throughout the entire run, as they tended to bounce around in the shipping box with whatever your paid for item was.

December 13, 2022, 09:26 PM
David R
I don't have these but I do have the Topps Star Wars Shop cards which came before these, circa 2005 to 2007 or so. I think there were maybe 10 of those. They were much easier to acquire as those came with specific items so you knew what card you were getting when you placed an order. With the 11 Holiday cards I believe that they were totally random.
December 13, 2022, 09:46 PM
Zane DeVan
I have a few of these to trade for other star wars shop cards I need. I don’t have any of the rare ones unfortunately……
March 10, 2023, 12:02 AM
chesspieceface
Here's the 6 different ones I have.

I think I placed about 8-9 orders in all while the cards were available, just to get the cards. Since I only have 6, that means a couple of times, I got doubles (which I don't think I have anymore, sorry potential traders).

No card #1 unfortunately, which is the rare one, only 500 copies made. I did at least get #2 which is from the middle tier. The others shown are 6,8,9,10, and 11.

Usually, I'd order something like an action figure or a clearance-priced calendar or mini-bust, so I didn't have spend too much to get these, and the mini-bust orders actually came with a 2nd card that showed the mini-bust on it.
Of course by the time those went on clearance, most of the more popular ones had sold out, so I think the couple of cards I have from that earlier Star Wars Shop set are a stormtrooper and a TIE fighter pilot, or something similar.

March 13, 2023, 01:46 PM
Tommy C
Thank you for posting these scans !

Pics of all 11 can be seen in the link in the original post
March 13, 2023, 06:25 PM
chesspieceface
Sure, I also double-checked my sales, and I had doubles of #2 and #10. I sold them both as singles about 10 years ago, and got around $25 for each, and somehow actually a little more for the number #10, which they made almost twice as many of (1,750 vs. 1,000 copies of the #2). I would suspect the #10 is still worth around that, but the #2 has probably accrued in value somewhat. That #1 card featuring Boba Fett and limited to only 500 is probably a couple of hundred bucks these days.

Of the possible 500 complete sets out there, I wonder how many currently exist as such