Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Country Music lenticulars from Kraft/Nabisco 2002

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/5027095496

October 12, 2020, 03:56 PM
pcetodd
Country Music lenticulars from Kraft/Nabisco 2002
COUNTRY MUSIC (2002) KF Holdings. Set number not determined; inserted one per package of marked Nabisco and Kraft food products; lenticular photo images of country music singers; round corners; there are different colored backs (red, green, and blue) and so some (maybe all) have more than one colored back version; backs have logos for Nabisco and Kraft, plus a logo for what is presumably the item they were packaged in, noted after the card title, followed by the color of the back.
□ 1 of 7 "Jessica Andrews"; Ritz; green
□ 2 of 7 "Mark Willis"; Oscar Meyer; green
□ 3 of 7 "George Strait"; Planters; green
□ 4 of 7 "Chely Wright"; Creme Savers; red
□ 5 of 7 "Gary Allen"; Velveeta; red
□ 5 of 7 "Gary Allen"; Velveeta; green
□ 6 of 7 "Jamie O'Neal"; Cheese Nips; red
□ 7 of 7 "SHeDAISY"; Oreo; blue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcetodd,
October 12, 2020, 06:24 PM
catskilleagle
I have a green back Mark Willis and have seen a green back George Strait but haven't seen red back variants of those.

Jess
October 13, 2020, 09:45 AM
Greg Geerts
I have a 1 of 7 Jessica Andrews and a 2 of 7 Mark Wills that are both green back.

The 7 of 7 is SHeDAISY and the product is Oreo. But, to make things more interesting, it has a blue back!

kraft by Greg Geerts, on Flickr

October 13, 2020, 11:18 AM
pcetodd
interesting. Thanks for posting that image Greg. I've edited the list, and I assumed the whole set was red at first. I've changed it so that the list is only hat has been confirmed.

I wonder if the color backs depended on the region of the US they were sold in. So we have three different colored backs, and definitely some with more than one version. Probably all 7 are around in all three colored backs.

I love this hobby. 18 years after they were issued, and we are only now (at least in our circle) discovering this. It can be frustrating for sure, but there's always new stuff popping up to keep us searching.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcetodd,
February 01, 2023, 02:38 AM
catskilleagle
Here's a scan of three of the other cards:

March 10, 2023, 04:25 AM
catskilleagle
I see another lot for sale. So far, all the Gary Allen and Jessica Andrews cards I've seen have had red backs. All the Mark Willis have been green and the two Shedaisy have had blue backs.

I was thinking that the different-colored backs could indicate regional variants too but they could be determined by the product instead. Oreos are very popular cookies so we might see more Shedaisy cards with that blue back and the Oreo logo than those tied to another product.

The cards I've seen the fewest of are the Mark Willis and Shedaisy, just two of each, and the George Strait which I've seen just one of and that was a few years ago. It could be just luck of the draw but I would say he's the most famous of the group so collectors might hang on to his card.

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
interesting. Thanks for posting that image Greg. I've edited the list, and I assumed the whole set was red at first. I've changed it so that the list is only hat has been confirmed.

I wonder if the color backs depended on the region of the US they were sold in. So we have three different colored backs, and definitely some with more than one version. Probably all 7 are around in all three colored backs.

I love this hobby. 18 years after they were issued, and we are only now (at least in our circle) discovering this. It can be frustrating for sure, but there's always new stuff popping up to keep us searching.

June 04, 2023, 09:54 PM
catskilleagle
I see someone offering a set of 7 (only the second time I've seen a George Strait card) with a mix of back colors but none different from what we've observed before (Andrews green, SHeDaisy blue, Wright red, Allan red, Strait green, Willis green, O'Neal red). The UK seller wants over $40 plus over $20 for shipping.