Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Dracula (Topps, 1992) T Shirt cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dracula (Topps, 1992) T Shirt cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone ever see these, from the 1992 Bram Stoker movie ? They have distinct purple/blue borders

I have an uncut sheet of, I believe, the set of 16 but have only seen 1 or 2 single cards. They were attached 1 per t-shirt and seem to be VERY tough to find

They are not the same as the comic inserts

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I've never seen those, but I do have a different color foil version of the regular set. They're a little warped so I think they were cut from a full uncut sheet that had likely been a Topps contest prize. It is unusual in that the foil is silver as opposed the standard red like the ones in packs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested, I can try to scan the sheet. But I don't know how to post here. LMK if someone is willing to post my scan by posting a reply here

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, send me an email of the scan and I can put in on Photobucket so it can be shown here. I'd like to see it.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chesspiece, would you just email me and then I will reply with the scan ? I am at

mistermycroft@msn.com

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I have a few sets and sheets and have the single cards scanned, if anyone want's the images I can email them to you. Don't want to lode up the forum with 12 images.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you can post one picture of the set and no one would mind...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those look great, I never even knew about these, I have the ones that were bagged with the comics.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are nice. BTW, my sheet has 12, not 16 cards

I don't recall seeing these t-shirts with the cards back in 1992. I don't think I knew of these until 15 years after the fact, maybe when they were first listed in PCE

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John! I'd never seen those before, either. Boy, that Mike Mignola was already an amazing artist 20 years ago, and he's only gotten better. He was born to draw Gothic horror like "Dracula".

He also did the "Bride of Frankenstein" subset in the Topps Universal Monsters set from the 1990's. That's long been one of my favorite sets and Mignola's contribution is a big reason why.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

I don't recall seeing these t-shirts with the cards back in 1992. I don't think I knew of these until 15 years after the fact, maybe when they were first listed in PCE

The way I understand it, they never were given away with the T-Shirts. The sheets came on the secondary market later on and all the singles out there were cut from the sheets. I had 8 Sheets at one time. Their were 2 panels per sheet.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
all the singles out there were cut from the sheets.

John,
are you saying that these were never issued as singles at any time? looking at your set and mine, they look to have been remarkably well cut to size from a bulky sheet. Must be some professional machine to do such a good job.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I cut sheets. All you need is a good rolling cutter and a Brain. I do a better job at cutting than most card manufactures.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chesspiece,

While reading through the December 1997/January 1998 issue of NSU, I saw a listing within a Roxanne Toser auction in 1998 for an uncut 100-card sheet of Dracula with silver foil instead of red foil. It was noted that it may be a Topps test sheet.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I've never seen those, but I do have a different color foil version of the regular set. They're a little warped so I think they were cut from a full uncut sheet that had likely been a Topps contest prize. It is unusual in that the foil is silver as opposed the standard red like the ones in packs.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Like David, I have a 12 card sheet. Near one corner, it was mis-cut in a way that I can tell it was cut from a larger one. It makes sense that it's actually one panel of a 2-panel sheet. I still like it as an oddball piece.

Someone told me that a card was attached to a tag with the t-shirt but didn't specify how (was the card part of the tag or connected by a perforation?). I hadn't heard that from anyone else. Does that mean there's another version of the sheet with the tag part still attached? PCE2008 noted that singles were with the t-shirts but does not mention the sheets. It makes me wonder if Todd got incorrect information on this. I tend to believe that the singles were cut from the sheets later but am not sure. Some dealers were doing that with others because singles were easier to store and sell than large sheets.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

The way I understand it, they never were given away with the T-Shirts. The sheets came on the secondary market later on and all the singles out there were cut from the sheets. I had 8 Sheets at one time. Their were 2 panels per sheet.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thank you for reviving this thread. When John Oder said none were released as singles I believed him back then. It's now been 6 years since the last post and I have yet to see any singles or complete sets for sale. This indicates to me, that he was right on point.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post