Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Ross Needham is ok
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ross Needham is ok
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted
G'day everyone. (to the moderators, if this needs to be moved to a different thread, please let me know) Just for those across the Promo Card community, Ross Needham from New Zealand, our friendly Inkworks collectors and enthusiast has survived the Earthquake and cyclone that hit New Zealand a week or so back. I message him via email and he replied a few days later saying he was away from the area when the quake hit, but hasn't been able to return home to survey any damage. Let's hope his house and family are doing ok.
I'll send updates when I next hear from him.

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know. It's great to hear he's okay and happened to be out of the area. I didn't even hear about an earthquake in New Zealand. On the local news, we hear a lot about the one that hit the Turkey-Syria area early this month. They repeat some of the local stories at least three times for a couple of days as if there's nothing else going on around the world. We used to get more news.

I'm hoping the building codes are as good in NZ as they are in the U.S. My area had a 6.9-7.0 earthquake in 1989. I had just returned home from work, changing clothes to watch the World Series. It hit in a way that felt like a giant punched the house but we didn't suffer major damage other than losing a bunch of plates that shot out of a cabinet and shatttered on the floor. It interrupted the Series which happened to be starting about 50 miles away.

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
G'day everyone. (to the moderators, if this needs to be moved to a different thread, please let me know) Just for those across the Promo Card community, Ross Needham from New Zealand, our friendly Inkworks collectors and enthusiast has survived the Earthquake and cyclone that hit New Zealand a week or so back. I message him via email and he replied a few days later saying he was away from the area when the quake hit, but hasn't been able to return home to survey any damage. Let's hope his house and family are doing ok.
I'll send updates when I next hear from him.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I hope its okay for him.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
good news that he is ok

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Just a further update on Ross in New Zealand... He's all ok but there's been a lot of damage around his area. He's staying home until things get better as his usual commute to town for groceries and essentials, would be a 2 hour trip, now takes about 9 hours !
Let's keep him in our thoughts and hope all his surrounding area and community are back on their feet soon Wavey Wave

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I am so glad that he is safe and sound. I hope all his cards made it through okay. He has an extensive promo card collection and extensive knowledge on the subject.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember when one of the promo card zoom meetings was wrapping up and it was down to just you and me talking and then he materialized and the meeting went on longer. It's always great talking with him, getting his perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I am so glad that he is safe and sound. I hope all his cards made it through okay. He has an extensive promo card collection and extensive knowledge on the subject.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree, Ross is very knowledgeable and a great bloke to boot. yes hope his collection made it thru unscathed ?! Smile
Next zoom meeting happening soon ?