Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Godzilla promo . How ironic it is that the promo is a card of value . The set was terrible , mostly dumped product - i bought 6 boxes on Ebay for 1 cent + postage , the seller said they were garbage and just wanted to get rid of them , i agree . The movie was also terrible , Godzilla fans don't even include it in a list of Godzilla movies .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I liked the film and the cards, the binder is genuine Godzilla skin. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the Speed Racer P3, the Lion King SB1, and the Superman Man of Steel SW1. I also have 1 of the 10 Desert Storm AMP promos that Michael has mentioned.

However, in all my years of promo collecting I have never seen the 4 promos for the 1996 Mickey Mouse and Friends set by SkyBox, aside from the pics in PCE. Is it because the cards are oversized ? Does anyone have them ? To me they are scarce, as I have never once come across them. I have never, ever seen them on ebay or on anyone's for sale list.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
I too am being plagued by this Superman Sw-1 promo. I have a SUPER Extensive collection of both comics and Cards and have been searching for this card . I have TONS of rare trade material for this card if some one locates one they will part with including MANY YEARS OF COLLECTION RARES ! SIGNED ! YOU NAME IT!

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board if you check that site under buy it now there was oe on there. I took advantage of one of them.

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

What kind of promos do you have for trade? Sorry, I don't have the SW1 promo, but I am looking for rare promos that I never got the first time around and have been looking for them since. Actually, rare variation promos.

You can email me, check my profile.

Thanks,
David

quote:
Originally posted by thoughtofyou13times:
I too am being plagued by this Superman Sw-1 promo. I have a SUPER Extensive collection of both comics and Cards and have been searching for this card . I have TONS of rare trade material for this card if some one locates one they will part with including MANY YEARS OF COLLECTION RARES ! SIGNED ! YOU NAME IT!

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I just bought the other one. I really have no interest in Superman cards, but I couldn't pass it up. The listing said it had soft corners, but you never see this card for sale so I had to get it. I had one about 10 years ago, but sold it for $75.00 and thought I got a good price for it. I will bring it with me to Philly when I go.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was very surprised to see the Superman SW1 that just appeared on the auction site. I bought one years ago--not on ebay. This is the only time I've seen another for sale.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I was told that they found 6 in the stock that Factory had obtained from Inkworks, so I guess Allan Caplan must have been sitting on a few of them.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David posted about one on the auction site. Where ? I have tried looking for it and can not find it..I am still new to this forum.

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Thoughtofyou13times:
Sorry, but I don't think I discuss trades in this topic. You can list a want in another location called "card trading"
Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OOPs sorry I'm still new to this forum .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I still think that the Star Wars Galaxy P3 "Yoda" card is a very rare card despite what Wolfie says:
("there are plenty of those").
This is based on what? Do you have one? Does anyone posting this subject have plenty or even one?
I don't think so.
You may have seen one on eBay but that does not make it common.
It should be added to the list.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Wolfie, it isn't that rare. There are 2 on ebay right now and sometimes 3 or 4 at a time. I have 2 myself.

I would probably consider it hard to find or whatever the right term is for something that has 100-200 around. My number is my guess, but they are easy to find for people who want them badly enough and have ebay/internet access.

Unlike other SW promos: Topps promo with SW production artwork on it and a picture of a Paul, SW1 early version, SW split promo (both variations), SW oversized refractor promo, SW Vehicles P2 refractor promo. All I consider harder to find than the Yoda P3 promo. But, the Yoda P3 is the most famous one of them all, so it still commands a nice dollar figure.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the SW split promo the SOTE one with Xizor on it ? I forget. If so, I have both of them.

Or is that small chrome one ? There are 2 versions of that promo ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Reading this and have a question... I just picked up a Donruss Americana promo Dick Vitale. Hes a Sports Legend. Its labeled promo and numbered on the back 003/025 so Donruss is stating there are only 25 of them.

So does this card qualify as one of the rarest promos? Why or why not? Theres no right answers - just interested in the opinion of anyone that wants to chime in.

For that matter... theres a Humphrey Bogard Americana promo out there too, right?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Although rare (base on quantity), demand impacts the "rareness", or perceived rarity of a card.

While what you have is technically rare, I think only the die-hard promo collectors would pay a decent amount to get it.

Donruss made quite a few of these short-print, numbered promo cards. For most every one of those, there is a regular non-numbered version.

If I remember correctly, Donruss even did some 1/1 cards labeled promos that might have been autographed, or have a swatch piece in the card.

The Disney Classic Collectibles cel card #135 does not bring as much money either as it probably should compared to some of the other "rare" promo cards. We know of less than 14 or 15 of these that survived since the card was never released. I don't see this on the rare list either.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Good comments Mike! I basically agree with your perspective on this...

Imagine that demand for the limited Americana promos would increase if they got more exposure, & were listed in PCE and NSU price guide.

Also picked up a Stacey Keibler unsigned version of the promo. Bill D does not list that one either...
Thats probably because they come up for sale so rarely.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is the SW split promo the SOTE one with Xizor on it ? I forget. If so, I have both of them.

Or is that small chrome one ? There are 2 versions of that promo ?

David,

I forgot about the Xizor promo. That is another SW related rare promo. There are 6 variations of that one.

No, the split promo is the same image as the SW Finest oversized promo, except card sized and there are several split layers inside the promo. It is interesting, very different concept. There is a refractor version and a regular version. Of all the SW promos I mentioned above and the Xizor, I have all except for the non-refractor variation of the split image promo.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I would like to see some pictures posted of these rare promos, just so I can leaf through my promo albums to see if I have any. I probably don't, but it would be fun to look.

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post