Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
 Login/Join

Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
I too would like to see some of these I have aHUGE collection of DISNEY as well what is the image on The Disney Classic Collectibles cel card #135 ? I have several disney cels..

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Here is the cel #135 image:

Enjoy.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
IF YOU GO TO THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD I POSTED PICTURES OF SEVERAL OF THESE RARER PROMOS IN ONE OF MY REPLIES. LAST I CHECKED, THE IMAGES ARE STILL VIEWABLE. HOPE THIS HELPS.
ALBERT

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I really like the Lion King and the ET Lenticular promos. Fun Cards!!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I checked eBay and there is only one "Original" SWG2 Yoda promo for $600. The others are inserts. If you have 2, they may be fakes or inserts, as there was only one source for the original promo cards.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally, there are 2 or 3 on ebay, so right now just 1. The others sell for $300 or so.

What do you mean by only one source? There is secondary market. I have seen off the top of my head at least 5 people selling them over the years. I got my years ago, long before inserts came out. Mine are not fakes and I do have one insert, but that is not Galaxy 2, but Galaxy 4 a totally different set.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does anyone here own the E.T widevision promo?

I would love to see a Youtube video recording of the card in "motion"

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
i have it. i have to find it.
its a very cool card.

i have said this before that to my knowledge it was part of a sheet of 9 that topps did, not sure if there were any more, but i know there was 9, as i did see the sheet and was in the same building when it was cut down to the 9 cards and i was given one.

Posts: 685 | Location: uk | Registered: September 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
If I had paid “a nice dollar figure” for 2 “hard to find” cards I certainly
would not undermine the value of my own investment by calling them easy to
find or that there were "plenty of them".
Only someone who had not invested the money and/or did not own one would say
something like that.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very funny.

It is all about demand not about rareness that makes the price.

Explain why Honus Wagner sells for $2.8m when there are 50-100 known to exist and Babe Ruth rookie card with 10 known to exist sells for $517,000?

It is all about demand and supply, it has nothing to do with somebody's comments based on owning a card or not.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
It is based on "accurate" information and it sounds like you have missed that point.
You may "assume" to know how many there are and what the demand is but that is not so easy to say with authority.

posted Hide Post
The supply is still extremely rare while the price drops 80-90%? Definitely supply is a lot more than what people expected it to be. So you definitely missed the point.

It doesn't take any authority, just simple observation that the supply is a lot higher than what it used to be and I have personally seen a lot of them on ebay over the last 10 years and in card shows, and it keeps on coming up for sale.

Other SW rare promos are all absorbed into collections and are not showing up for sale as often as the Yoda P3.

This has been discusssed many times that the P3 isn't as rare as other promos, just the most famous "rare" promo between quotes. Just look elsewhere in cardtalk.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
It's easy to act like you know it all but when you contradict yourself by saying it is "not about rareness" and then in the very next sentence you say it is "all about supply" you don't make any sense. This does not inspire much faith.
In the end it is just your opinion and you are not an authority.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

posted Hide Post
And that makes you are the authority? I love your misquotes and false assumptions and the fact you have nothing better to do but attack my comments.

The "rareness" that you accused me of saying was based on your misguided words saying that the Yoda P3 is extremely rare. I put your "rare" word in the sentence to show that you are wrong and extremly misguided and I noted the price dropped 80-90% (from $2500 down to $300). Next time read very very carefully before attacking. Also, you falsely accuse me of having fakes and not knowing the difference between a promo and an insert and accusing me of lying about owning any Yoda P3 promo. Which is an awful thing to do and assume. You never said why it should be "rare" except that I am "wrong" just because.

I only made observations. The Yoda P3 has been showing up on ebay a lot since it came out, on an average of 1 per month. I guess the fact that the Yoda P3 doesn't even show up on this poll shows that I am not the only one who doesn't agree with you.

Obviously, you are the in the minority opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpolis,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I don't see the problem here. There was a time when it was thought that this promo was very rare with very few copies in existence, as such it sold for thousands of dollars.

Since then so many have appeared for sale on ebay that nobody trusts the rareness of it any more and so now it sells for about $300 because nobody is prepared to risk anymore than that on an unknown quantity.

It was once thought to be rare, now it has changed to scarce.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolfie,

That is all I was trying to say.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I hate to continue to argue the point but I know at least as much as you and definitely more.
I got my card from the original source, so I know my card is not a fake. I doubt you can say that.
As for misquotes, I quoted you exactly
while you misquoted me saying I used the word "extremely" when I said "very".
The price came down after one card was sold. So there is more than one card but are they all authentic?
That may be why people are hesitant to invest more than $300. So it is not all about supply and demand.
It maybe that some people are not willing to buy something with this cards history off eBay.

posted Hide Post
Of course, there is nothing to argue about, considering:

You still have not showed or said anything that gives you the right to call my card and all others fakes without looking at them. So, yours can easily be a fake just as well.

You still have showed any reason to make you an all knowing person except that you heard another story.

You never quoted me correctly. I looked at it, and I didn't use any of those words between your quotation marks, so that is definitely a misquote and you twisted my words and took it out of context.

I don't think you should be in cardtalk when all you do is attack and say that all of the cards are fake.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hey you guys! I know both of you are long time Board members and advanced collectors. Stop bickering please. I like this little thread I started and this arguing is getting way off topic. There is never a reason for attacks on the board in general, regardless of who is or isn't right and even less so when 2 distinguished members such as yourselves go at it. Peace out. Wave
Albert

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I agree with Albert. It doesn't seem like either one of you will prove the other right or wrong or convince the other that you are right and he is wrong, so maybe it's best you both agree to drop this one.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post