Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thoughtofyou13times:
Hello Like most I am trying to complete some of my sets. but these are some of the hardest for me to find and are what some would call promo as they were very limited in release I have included scans of them if anyone has any idea on where to find them email,PM or Reply..

Dc Cosmic Teams
0000 Computo Promo
P1 Apparition Promo
34 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
35 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
36 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
60 New Titans(marked "prototype")
(4-up panel, unnumbered)
Sell / Ad sheet from this series
Any uncut sheets from this series..

Dc master series
Uncut Sheet of the Inserts
Uncut sheet of this set
Almost all 6 card panels of this set
any of the prototype cards as well.
Any error cards to this set
(here is an example of one I already have)

Superman the Man of Steel
SW-1 Wonder woman promo card

Uncut Spectra Printers Proof set with 6 sets of the Six Card Spectra Insert set.

Uncut sheet of this set
Any of the 6 card panel cards to this set.
Any error cards to this set.
(again and example to one I already have)

Superman Holo series
Uncut sheet of this set
Some of the 4 card uncut panels.
Some of the uncut 6 card panels.
The two card dealers promo set.
The dealers Sheet to this set.
Some red or Bronze cards( not silver or gold) or could use full set of each.
Any hobby box of this set..

The Return of Superman

uncut sheet of this set

Gold S logo uncut sheet Sp1-Sp4

DC Bloodlines
Uncut Sheet of this set

Uncut sheet of the Embossed superman foil card and Redemption card plus 2 (12 in all on sheet)

Any info on where to find these or who might have some of them would be appriciated.Thanks..

I have The Return of Superman signed, uncut sheet...any idea of how much it is worth?

Thank, you...tara stand at google mail

Posts: 1 | Location: NYC | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
I'm jumping into this thread late but it is my understanding that there were nine of the Hammer Horror Werewolf promos in existence.

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are you saying you know nine people who have one or that only nine were made?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A_Biegel:
I'm jumping into this thread late but it is my understanding that there were nine of the Hammer Horror Werewolf promos in existence.

~Alan

Glenn told me he had 10 at one time.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
"Glenn told me he had 10 at one time."

Glenn told me he never had 10 or 1 them. he explained to me that it was a ploy so he could buy one he had his eye on for a cheap price.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
"Glenn told me he had 10 at one time."

Glenn told me he never had 10 or 1 them. he explained to me that it was a ploy so he could buy one he had his eye on for a cheap price.

He told you a white one then. He was the sorce for those cards, they came out of the cornerstone purchase.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You mean people tell lies about how rare some promos are? Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
"You mean people tell lies about how rare some promos are?"

Wolfie, remember that before PCE was published, promo collecting was an arcane hobby and very few hardcore collectors were in the know concerning the scarcity of any given promo. It was not until about 2000, in my opinion, that this part of the hobby became mainstream and had a much larger following. So I would say that in the last decade a lot more info has emerged and, as I wrote in an article about promo collecting, other than for a a couple of notable exceptions, the true rarity of some promos, including the "Wolfie" promo, has become well settled.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes i must admit my tongue was stuffed firmly in my cheek when i wrote that and you are quite right, in days of old the only information available was what one person had told another person which was overheard by another person and so on.

I don't think there are any promos hiding out there anymore, if they exist they are known about and because of the global selling place called the internet it is fairly easy to see just how often these things come up for sale.

posted Hide Post
I am not getting much information about a few promos though:

Speed Racer P3. I haven't seen one for sale

Vortex Matrix color variation information. I tried a posting on nonsportupdate.com, no replies.

Even the internet isn't useful enough. Oh well.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An older promo collector told me many years ago that on the P0 promo for the Creators Master Series set, and the H1 promo for Ultraverse Master Series (both sets by SkyBox, 1995) that only ONE of each promo exists. Any truth to that ? Maybe that's why no one I know of has actually seen either...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
An older promo collector told me many years ago that on the P0 promo for the Creators Master Series set, and the H1 promo for Ultraverse Master Series (both sets by SkyBox, 1995) that only ONE of each promo exists. Any truth to that ? Maybe that's why no one I know of has actually seen either...

I don't know it to be fact, But I got the same number from a good sorce.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
I am not getting much information about a few promos though:

Speed Racer P3. I haven't seen one for sale

Vortex Matrix color variation information. I tried a posting on nonsportupdate.com, no replies.

Even the internet isn't useful enough. Oh well.

David

I believe on the vortex matrix there are 4 colors. You get a slight difference shade and one person calls it red and another calls it orange. I found out recently that the bule card is a different card altogether. It's standard size not oversize like the other 3, the back's blue not purple and the guy pictured on the front is not done in refractor foil like the others.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think there are any promos hiding out there anymore, if they exist they are known about and because of the global selling place called the internet it is fairly easy to see just how often these things come up for sale.

Not true wolfie, I find cards all the time from the 90's not listed anywhere.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well, thats told me. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I assume it's too late to vote but I would have to say it's the Mike Ploog Monster in a suit card. This was a card said to have been limited to a run of 8 or 9 singles. They were not meant to be promos in the sense of being distributed to promote the set. They were to be given away to FPG employees but they remained undistributed until the company went out of business. I believe it was the brother of the company owner (or one of the company owners) who eventually sold the cards (and some other FPG unreleased goodies) on Ebay in the late 90's or not too long after 2000.

I haven't seen one of the Ploogs in years.

Also, there are people who hoard both worthless and valuable items even in tough economic times. It's an OCD thing. They can't let go. Even if they have several of the card (or whatever given collectible), they are highly reluctant to deal out even one. They get too much joy/satisfaction knowing other people want what they have - a feeling worth more to them than hundreds of dollars. I've seen it.

quote:
The aim of this poll is to help determine which is the "RAREST" promo card in existence. It doesn't matter if you've only dreamed of seeing one or you have 5 in you collection. Of course, you may not agree with the ones I chose and your pick might not be here. Sorry! I've tried to list the 10 in no particular order that I consider extremely hard to find regardless of how popular or obscure they are. Let's crown the winner together!

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I assume it's too late to vote but I would have to say it's the Mike Ploog Monster in a suit card. This was a card said to have been limited to a run of 8 or 9 singles. They were not meant to be promos in the sense of being distributed to promote the set. They were to be given away to FPG employees but they remained undistributed until the company went out of business. I believe it was the brother of the company owner (or one of the company owners) who eventually sold the cards (and some other FPG unreleased goodies) on Ebay in the late 90's or not too long after 2000.

I haven't seen one of the Ploogs in years.

Also, there are people who hoard both worthless and valuable items even in tough economic times. It's an OCD thing. They can't let go. Even if they have several of the card (or whatever given collectible), they are highly reluctant to deal out even one. They get too much joy/satisfaction knowing other people want what they have - a feeling worth more to them than hundreds of dollars. I've seen it.

quote:
The aim of this poll is to help determine which is the "RAREST" promo card in existence. It doesn't matter if you've only dreamed of seeing one or you have 5 in you collection. Of course, you may not agree with the ones I chose and your pick might not be here. Sorry! I've tried to list the 10 in no particular order that I consider extremely hard to find regardless of how popular or obscure they are. Let's crown the winner together!

You are right that at one time it was very rare. I can remember bidding 400.00 for one and not winning it. That was years ago and I'm happy I didn't win, Now I have half a dozen. It's still hard to find, just not extremely rare. I know of there being between 100 and 200 out there somewhere.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer. I saw only one for sale after the first group was on Ebay. I recall that there were a few oddball or unreleased FPG promos that had reported print runs of 100 or so. I should have figured the Ploog was one of them as well.

quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

You are right that at one time it was very rare. I can remember bidding 400.00 for one and not winning it. That was years ago and I'm happy I didn't win, Now I have half a dozen. It's still hard to find, just not extremely rare. I know of there being between 100 and 200 out there somewhere.

[/QUOTE]

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nerdygirl:
quote:
Originally posted by thoughtofyou13times:
Hello Like most I am trying to complete some of my sets. but these are some of the hardest for me to find and are what some would call promo as they were very limited in release I have included scans of them if anyone has any idea on where to find them email,PM or Reply..

Dc Cosmic Teams
0000 Computo Promo
P1 Apparition Promo
34 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
35 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
36 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
60 New Titans(marked "prototype")
(4-up panel, unnumbered)
Sell / Ad sheet from this series
Any uncut sheets from this series..

Dc master series
Uncut Sheet of the Inserts
Uncut sheet of this set
Almost all 6 card panels of this set
any of the prototype cards as well.
Any error cards to this set
(here is an example of one I already have)

Superman the Man of Steel
SW-1 Wonder woman promo card

Uncut Spectra Printers Proof set with 6 sets of the Six Card Spectra Insert set.

Uncut sheet of this set
Any of the 6 card panel cards to this set.
Any error cards to this set.
(again and example to one I already have)

Superman Holo series
Uncut sheet of this set
Some of the 4 card uncut panels.
Some of the uncut 6 card panels.
The two card dealers promo set.
The dealers Sheet to this set.
Some red or Bronze cards( not silver or gold) or could use full set of each.
Any hobby box of this set..

The Return of Superman

uncut sheet of this set

Gold S logo uncut sheet Sp1-Sp4

DC Bloodlines
Uncut Sheet of this set

Uncut sheet of the Embossed superman foil card and Redemption card plus 2 (12 in all on sheet)

Any info on where to find these or who might have some of them would be appriciated.Thanks..

I have The Return of Superman signed, uncut sheet...any idea of how much it is worth?

Thank, you...tara stand at google mail

I do not know a value but would be interested in further discussion of it if you want to email me. same as myscreen name @yahoo.com

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does this promo card exist?

DC Bloodlines

(Unnumbered, embossed foil "1994")

If so can anyone post a picture of it?

Thanks...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprice64,

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post