Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
 Login/Join

Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
Hello Like most I am trying to complete some of my sets. but these are some of the hardest for me to find and are what some would call promo as they were very limited in release I have included scans of them if anyone has any idea on where to find them email,PM or Reply..

Dc Cosmic Teams
0000 Computo Promo
P1 Apparition Promo
34 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
35 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
36 Foes of Superman(marked "prototype")
60 New Titans(marked "prototype")
(4-up panel, unnumbered)
Sell / Ad sheet from this series
Any uncut sheets from this series..

Dc master series
Uncut Sheet of the Inserts
Uncut sheet of this set
Almost all 6 card panels of this set
any of the prototype cards as well.
Any error cards to this set
(here is an example of one I already have)

Superman the Man of Steel
SW-1 Wonder woman promo card

Uncut Spectra Printers Proof set with 6 sets of the Six Card Spectra Insert set.

Uncut sheet of this set
Any of the 6 card panel cards to this set.
Any error cards to this set.
(again and example to one I already have)

Superman Holo series
Uncut sheet of this set
Some of the 4 card uncut panels.
Some of the uncut 6 card panels.
The two card dealers promo set.
The dealers Sheet to this set.
Some red or Bronze cards( not silver or gold) or could use full set of each.
Any hobby box of this set..

The Return of Superman

uncut sheet of this set

Gold S logo uncut sheet Sp1-Sp4

DC Bloodlines
Uncut Sheet of this set

Uncut sheet of the Embossed superman foil card and Redemption card plus 2 (12 in all on sheet)

Any info on where to find these or who might have some of them would be appriciated.Thanks..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thoughtofyou13times,

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Cool cards thanks for sharing. I see you found a SW1? Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
actually alot of these cards are ones I have seen but am still hunting after ..

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for showing the cool scans.

I might have the uncut sheet of the DC Master Series inserts (the foil ones, not the double sided ones), but I'll have to check.

I'm going on vacation for a week starting Saturday, so I might not post here for a couple of weeks, but I won't forget.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those error cards are pretty cool, but I don't collect them.

Ebay is one good place to find those uncut sheets or oversized promotional items.

Here are a few I know of. I didn't collect all the DC sets, but the ones you showed, I'll list what I am aware of. I only collect uncut sheets that are 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches or smaller so I can store them in the albums. I know a few of the cards are not promos, but exclusive cards, but I thought you would find them interesting.

DC Bloodlines:
promos: P1, p2, P3, P4, unnumbered
1 sample card S4 (would love more of other sample cards)
ad sheet, checklist and letter
4 promos unnumbered 1994 (same as P1-P4, no Bloodlines logo, missing The Man of Tomorrow)
4 promos unnumbered 1993 (same as P1-P4 except different copyright line)
Skybox Press Release 7/28/93
checklist 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (need, does this exist?)

DC Master:
6 promos: C1, CI1, D1, H1, N1, P1
1 promo panel of 4: S1-S4
1 promo panel of 4: F1-F4 (need, does this exist?)
15 different 6 card uncut sheets
2 promo sheets (white bordered)
2 framed promo sheets (same as above)
1 fact sheet
1 checklist sheet
2 press releases sheets
1 DC Master postcard from Warner Stores
1 1994 Skybox checklist card

Return of Superman:
1 silver foil card from factory set
1 gold foil card from gold factory set
1 title silver card from factory set
1 chase uncut sheet framed
1 promo #0
2 ad sheets
Skybox Press Release 8/21/93 (2 pages)
1 Philadelphia Comicfest Framed 1993

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the card you listed I already have , however I am wondering if you have any of these such as :

DC Bloodlines:

DC Master:
1 promo panel of 4: S1-S4 (Have one but it has a bent corner and would be interested in a better one.)
1 promo panel of 4: F1-F4 (need, does this exist?) I dont think this exists as they released the other one as a special box incentive, but if one is out there and available..
15 different 6 card uncut sheets Only a few left of these I need.
1 fact sheet
1 checklist sheet
2 press releases sheets

Return of Superman:
2 ad sheets

Thanks..

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thoughtofyou13times:
Most of the card you listed I already have , however I am wondering if you have any of these such as :

DC Bloodlines:

DC Master:
1 promo panel of 4: S1-S4 (Have one but it has a bent corner and would be interested in a better one.)
1 promo panel of 4: F1-F4 (need, does this exist?) I dont think this exists as they released the other one as a special box incentive, but if one is out there and available..
1 fact sheet
1 checklist sheet
2 press releases sheets

Return of Superman:
2 ad sheets

Thanks..

The checklist does exsit, I have one. Do you have these for the bloodline series.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bloodlines autographed promo.

I have that signed promo, but it is a 3rd party, and I wasn't sure if he wanted 3rd party stuff listed, so I left that off my list.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have all except for the ones that I said "need". Of course, the F1-F4 probably doesn't exist, like you said, there is the S1-S4, but it would be cool if the chase uncut sheet did exist though, like with Return of Superman.

If you want images/scans, you can email me at dpolis@aol.com so I can send you images. Sorry, all I mentioned are in my collection and I don't have any spares except a few variation Bloodlines promos, I think.

Some of the stuff I didn't know they existed until I saw it on ebay and bought them, then I added to the list. So, there might be more that I am not aware of to add to my sets.

David

quote:

DC Bloodlines:

DC Master:
1 fact sheet
1 checklist sheet
2 press releases sheets

Return of Superman:
2 ad sheets

Thanks..

posted Hide Post
I have several of these promos and am in the process of getting them online but I will post what I have if you have any not shown send or post photos I might be interested if its some thing I do not have or have not seen or just so I may see what to look out for in the future.. here they are.

Dommsday Prototypes

Dc Master Series

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thoughtofyou13times,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Very Nice, I have all of it but the heroes world framed set. Ever run across and extra I would be interested, and the DF signed #0 and four supermen, I've neer seen that One.

posted Hide Post
John check my want list to see if you have any of the items I am looking for I have a HUGE WANTS LIST That is pretty comperhensive.Just chek my posts and see the most updated one with my full list.Maybe we can work out soemthing.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Mermaidman Talking Hologram
only six made.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:

DC Bloodlines: checklist 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (need, does this exist?)

DC Bloodlines was actually a comic crossover event. Is this a checklist of the comics in the crossover, or of the card set?

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:

DC Bloodlines: checklist 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (need, does this exist?)

DC Bloodlines was actually a comic crossover event. Is this a checklist of the comics in the crossover, or of the card set?

The only one I know about is a checklist for the comics. It's 3.5 x 4.5 folds down the middle and each section and side has a different title. Bloodlines Outbreak, Bloodline Deathstorm, Bloodlines Earthplague, and Bloodbath.

posted Hide Post
I actually have the checklist card he is refering to its actually made by skybox and was given out at a convention ( forget which for the first but the other came from the 1993 San Diego Comic Con. ) to promot a few new card series . There are actually two that feature upcoming DC Card series. One with Bloodlines he mentioned and the other is Dc Master Series . I am posting Scans of the Front and Backs of Both. The Front is the Left Side the Back is the Right.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually have the checklist card he is refering to its actually made by skybox and was given out at a convention ( forget which for the first but the other came from the 1993 San Diego Comic Con. ) to promot a few new card series . There are actually two that feature upcoming DC Card series. One with Bloodlines he mentioned and the other is Dc Master Series . I am posting Scans of the Front and Backs of Both. The Front is the Left Side the Back is the Right.

Yes but these are 2.5 x 3.5 not 3.5 x 4.5 correct?

posted Hide Post
Yes they are Regular Card size, but I do not know of any irregular size checklist that they produced short of the Sell Sheet Checklist The other two are the actual Card Series Checklist and the ones I just posted and they are both standard card size. Those Are the only ones I know about .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes they are Regular Card size, but I do not know of any irregular size checklist that they produced short of the Sell Sheet Checklist The other two are the actual Card Series Checklist and the ones I just posted and they are both standard card size. Those Are the only ones I know about .

The white "upcoming releases" card in the picture above (at Top) was actually issued in a sealed clear packet with some actual Skybox promos, mostly sportscards including a David Robinson basketball card. I remember that one specifically when I opened the packet. I originally purchased the packet for the checklist card because it has the Simpsons SkyBox Series II set listed on it, so it was a must for my collection even though it's pretty plain. Even so, it's technically a promo for every set listed on it, and probably pretty rare these days, I imagine a lot of them went into the trash.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
A rare/scarce/hard to find/short supply promo is any particular one that I have been looking for for years.
We have an annual Con called Armageddon which 10 years ago was a trading card con with a bit of comics with a 2,000 attendace. Now it is comic Con with virtually no cards and has an attendance of about 100,000. During a recent Con a budding new artist was giving away individual cards from a set of 10. I got one of each that was all he had left, cards 3 & 6. So how rare are these cards?? How desirable? Probably not at all.
New Zealand had a purportedly very scarse New Zealand only Star Trek promo S1 (warf) I believe that various Star Trek forums consider this to be an extremely rare promo. But according to Topps about 20,000 were printed. I have probably one of the largest collection in Australasia and have been collecting since 1989 - I have never seen one and do not know of any collector in New Zealand or Australia who has one. So what do you deduce from that?
I go back to what I said at the start - rare is what you can't find!!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post