Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE RAREST PROMO
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
The aim of this poll is to help determine which is the "RAREST" promo card in existence. It doesn't matter if you've only dreamed of seeing one or you have 5 in you collection. Of course, you may not agree with the ones I chose and your pick might not be here. Sorry! I've tried to list the 10 in no particular order that I consider extremely hard to find regardless of how popular or obscure they are. Let's crown the winner together!

Question:
WHICH OF THESE CARDS DO YOU THINK IS THE RAREST PROMO?

Choices:
SPEED RACER P3
SW GALAXY P1 VARIANT(SHORT & TALL GUY)
SUPERMAN SW1
BIOSPHERE #25
HAMMER HORROR 2 P2 VARIANT(WEREWOLF)
MIKE PLOOG MONSTER IN A SUIT
E.T WIDEVISION LENTICULAR
DESERT STORM CARD & MAP SET
GODZILLA P1 REGULAR SIZE
LION KING SB1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I would like to see pictures of these cards.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Alright ACE if that'll help you. Could someone please put up pxs of:
Desert Storm card & Map set; Superman SW1 and Speed Racer P3. I'll scan the other ones later on tonight.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
that star wars galaxy one looks like marilyn manson and a couple of umpa lumpas! i guess i never noticed that in the film...

i have no idea what the rarest card ACTUALLY is but i vote for the ET card as i know there are lots of people in search of it. that seems to make it more desirable and therefore more valuable.

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I have never seen any of these except the Hammer Horror card.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the Star Wars P1 variant is the hardest one to find. I have seen only a scan. I don't have it, myself ! Albert, do you have it ?

The Desert Storm promos are tough, but singles can be found. I have just one card.

I also don't have the E.T., but I have everything else on the list.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
Great to hear from you. Please post scans of the Superman SW1; Speed Racer P3 and the 1 Card & Map promo you have.
Yes I have the SW Galaxy SW1 variant. I was thinking about doing another related poll when this one closes in about 1 month. Please email me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Wasn't able to see these!
Ace

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure what happened. If anyone wants to email me, I can send them the scans and they can post them for me. I'm not good with this !

mistermycroft@msn.com

David

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I tried posting the scan you sent me David but I couldn't transfer it to the site. BTW I CAN see your scans here! Ace, try to wait a second then close the inkfrog page and it should show up.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Noticed that over 800 people have looked at the poll but only 22 people voted. What's up? Confused

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
"Perhaps most people are curious about the results but don't know enough about the issue to contribute an accurate vote".

Kennywood,
I've been thinking about that possibility. What does that mean about promo collecting? Lots of folks are interested but these cards are so rare that most collectors don't know about their existence or is it that there just aren't that many dedicated promo collectors out there?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Not sure what happened. If anyone wants to email me, I can send them the scans and they can post them for me. I'm not good with this !

mistermycroft@msn.com

David

I could see them just fine...

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps most people are curious about the results but don't know enough about the issue to contribute an accurate vote.

That's certainly my reason. The only one I know about is the Superman SW1 (which I have seen once on eBay about 10 years ago). I don't look for the others, so I have no way to compare rarity.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
"Perhaps most people are curious about the results but don't know enough about the issue to contribute an accurate vote".

Kennywood,
I've been thinking about that possibility. What does that mean about promo collecting? Lots of folks are interested but these cards are so rare that most collectors don't know about their existence or is it that there just aren't that many dedicated promo collectors out there?

Well, I'm a dealer and I've never seen any of these in person. And only a couple of them online.

Unfortunately the core of the promo collecting group is pretty small and they tend to deal with each other so you don't see some of the rarer cards in person.

There are lots of promo collectors at shows, but many of them steer away from anything over about $5.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Now that I see the P3 Speedracer card I think I had that before and simply chucked it. What does it go for?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
The only cards I knew were rare before I saw this poll were the Lion King and Biosphere cards.
Ace

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Superman card but some of the others are equally hard to find. I'd like to see a picture of the Desert Storm card, or at least get a little more info about it. It is the only one listed that I've not heard of before.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post