Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1995 J.M.Linsner Dawn & Beyond 6 card strip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1995 J.M.Linsner Dawn & Beyond 6 card strip
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I recently found a Joseph Michael Linsner uncut strip of 6 cards ,

The cards are unnumbered on the back .

the 6 cards are :

Tragedy & Farce : a rose by any other name...would still ***** you with it's thorns

Darrian Ashoka / a New Yorker : Can't you see my wings are ready?

Lucifer / Master of Hell : To thine own self be true

Ahura Mazda / Lord of Heaven : Honor thy Father

Dawn / Goddess of Birth & Rebirth : This is the World. There is no other.

Death / The Horned God : I'll take you beyond heaven & hell , my love, for a price...all things for a price..

Anyone know anything about This ?

I can't seem to find this listed in any of the price or promo guides

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Kevin, you're so right... Theres nothing listed about it. My 1st guess would be that it was printed to be sold with a Comic Images Dawn binder.
Is it a strip of 6 cards or a block (3 by 3)?

I have several Comic Images "blocks" for Olivia, Shi, Elvgren, Species, etc
All were intended as binder exclusives, but Comic Images did offer some items by mail (wrapper offers) ,
and at card shows they attended.

Someone should check a 1995 Dawn wrapper to see if it was a mail offer... I don't have one myself.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill ,

It's 1 long strip 16.25 x 3.75 inches
so i don't think it came with a binder

There's No Numbering on the Reverse Side

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have the 6 card block but not the strip from this set.

The block is mentioned on the sell sheet as a chase card.

The only product available for sale on the wrapper is the binder.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I believe these were either case toppers or incentives.

Too big for binders, too big for anything really. Still haven't figured out how to display mine.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking card!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that was the case card for the set.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Very cool looking... but an awkward size for storage & display.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I want 1! That's a sweet card!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It could have been something sent to comic stores - something a store would stick on a wall or just throw away.

Comic Images also had a club and members could get free stuff if they showed their membership card at a show where CI was set up. They gave out promos and uncut sheets. One of the items I received is an Olivia 3-card sheet which I think is from the first series (regular card stock - no chromium or prism) but the backs are blank. I don't know what it is.

Even after the club was shut down, CI reps continued to honor the card and gave out stuff to anyone showing a membership card. You couldn't expect a company to be that generous.

quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I have several Comic Images "blocks" for Olivia, Shi, Elvgren, Species, etc
All were intended as binder exclusives, but Comic Images did offer some items by mail (wrapper offers) ,
and at card shows they attended.

Someone should check a 1995 Dawn wrapper to see if it was a mail offer... I don't have one myself.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post