Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1979 - Warner Bros. promo cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1979 - Warner Bros. promo cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are always going to be cards that didn't make the deadline. In that case Todd might not have included them because he considered them too old to be part of the promo card world he wanted to cover. Some 80's product premiums aren't listed either. 1988 was sort of a starting point for a number of companies issuing promo cards (remember Bill DeFranzo's article on the 20th anniversary of promo card collecting in a 2008 issue of NSU) but I think these cards should be listed. You might know Paul McCartney and Wings had a small set to promote an album release (Back to the Egg)- also in 1979. I think it was a fan club giveaway - will add to the list after the end of the year.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
You know, I have those issues somewhere....still
might be easier to get in touch with Les.....lol.

Any idea why this set isn't listed in
the promo guide?

Posts: 744 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that someone just had information on the set list
since there appears to be some duplicate numbering issues and missing
numbers.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
There are always going to be cards that didn't make the deadline. In that case Todd might not have included them because he considered them too old to be part of the promo card world he wanted to cover. Some 80's product premiums aren't listed either. 1988 was sort of a starting point for a number of companies issuing promo cards (remember Bill DeFranzo's article on the 20th anniversary of promo card collecting in a 2008 issue of NSU) but I think these cards should be listed. You might know Paul McCartney and Wings had a small set to promote an album release (Back to the Egg)- also in 1979. I think it was a fan club giveaway - will add to the list after the end of the year.

Jess

quote:

the promo guide?

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll try to get the info for that and include it within my next update.

quote:
I was hoping that someone just had information on the set list
since there appears to be some duplicate numbering issues and missing
numbers.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Jess

quote:

the promo guide?

Posts: 744 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Quick question. All the stuff I have been adding
Seems to get almost no response, is it items that shouldn't be posted? I feel as if I'm wasting everyone's time, including mine.

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quick question. All the stuff I have been adding
Seems to get almost no response, is it items that shouldn't be posted? I feel as if I'm wasting everyone's time, including mine.

Wasting time on a card forum? Now that sounds like an oxymoron. Big Grin

No, keep posting, people are reading even if they don't often respond.

With certain topics there is more specific knowledge needed than general opinion. General opinion gets more responses, while more specific areas require the experts. Promo collecting is highly specific, especially the way they are distributed these days.

I know that I read the promo sections all the time, but rarely reply to anything in them because I don't actively collect promos. I do learn a lot about areas where others collect, but usually have nothing useful to add because the posters know way more about promos than me.

So don't get discouraged by a lack of participation, most threads are short lived anyway. People don't respond for many reasons, but if someone learns something or one person comes back and tells you something you didn't know, than no one's efforts are wasted. So Thumb Up.

Posts: 6903 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In case anyone doesn't know, there's an article largely dedicated to these cards in the current NSU issue.