Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    sandman silver foil death promo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sandman silver foil death promo
 Login/Join

posted
My Sandman card collection is one to be envied.
I collected as many cut and uncut promos as I could at the time. Plus an assortment of other tid bits.
The crowning jewel is a personal post card from the man himself, Neil Gaiman. But what I've been missing for all these years is the Death silver foil card. It's like a gaping hole in one's smile where a front tooth used to be.
Anyone having info of one being for sale would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 13 | Location: nyc | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have the sheet numbered to 4444 ? That took me forever to find

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you refer to. Uncut sheet of six cards?

Posts: 13 | Location: nyc | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have told you the story about getting my silver death promo out of a trash can at a sports card shop?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember you telling that before. It should be a tonic for anyone who grumbles about promos coming up for sale at surprising prices after they've been given out. It's us collectors who dictate the prices, after all. Yeah, when it's the hot thing to have, we have to pay up if we want it. Likewise, once something else becomes the hot thing, the guy sitting on a handful has to decide whether to box them up and hope for another wave of interest sometime in the future or get what he can while interest is still at least warm.

Finding an in-demand promo in the garbage is better than the time I found a Return of Tarzan Dark Horse signing card on an abandoned table late on Sunday at WonderCon one year (one I didn't have). Maybe you should get some kind of award for that.

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I have told you the story about getting my silver death promo out of a trash can at a sports card shop?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I've said it before but there was one time at least 15 years ago on our favorite/least favorite auction site that I saw a previously-unseen Sandman prototype. All I really recall was that it was colorful and was noted as a Skybox item on the back. The seller advertised that it was extremely rare and may have even noted that it was a unique in-house prototype not meant for release. I only assume that someone on this board saw the same auction and perhaps won the duel for it.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess, I think that I saw the auction and printed it out, so I have a color picture of the card somewhere. If I can find it, maybe someone can scan and post it here

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a sheet of 6 Sandman cards which SkyBox released in a picture frame, with a sticker on it saying that 4444 were made. Hard to find

quote:
Originally posted by crazyeyes10950:
Not sure what you refer to. Uncut sheet of six cards?

posted Hide Post
I don't have it and can't say I've ever heard of it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That would be great to see that again. Let me know if you find it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Jess, I think that I saw the auction and printed it out, so I have a color picture of the card somewhere. If I can find it, maybe someone can scan and post it here

posted Hide Post
Years ago went to a convention dealer who had a
complete set of silver foils, but someone minutes before me bought the single DEATH card. The only time I saw it again was a couple of years ago on Ebay, but I got out bid. My quest continues.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A sheet of the Sandman cards, the one limited to 4444, has appeared "you know where"

Very hard to find !

UPDATE: This one appears to be unframed. David R, yours is in a frame ? Must be two different versions.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It might have been removed from the frame. Some collectors remove sealed cards from their frames/cases so they can store them with the rest of the set in a binder. It's hard to say but I've never heard of numbered and framed cards also being available unframed.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
A sheet of the Sandman cards, the one limited to 4444, has appeared "you know where"

Very hard to find !

UPDATE: This one appears to be unframed. David R, yours is in a frame ? Must be two different versions.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set of ALL 7 silver promos and ALL 7 gold chase sold on ebay in late April for $ 227.00

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only need "Death" silver foil. Are you selling singly or set only?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
It might have been removed from the frame. Some collectors remove sealed cards from their frames/cases so they can store them with the rest of the set in a binder. It's hard to say but I've never heard of numbered and framed cards also being available unframed.

Need only "Death" silver foil. Are you selling single card?

quote:

Very hard to find !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not a seller. Sorry, the only one is in my collection, and not for sale.

Here is the auction. I guess I can show it as it sold, and is noteworthy. I was not the seller and have no connection to him/her.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandm...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A rare Sandman sheet limited to 4444 has just appeared on the auction site. You NEVER see these.

But it is seemingly NOT the framed version like David R has. This is a used, unframed one. Still, very hard to find...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw that late last night and talked to someone about it. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that one before (just the listing in PCE). It ends in a couple of hours.

quote:
A rare Sandman sheet limited to 4444 has just appeared on the auction site. You NEVER see these.

But it is seemingly NOT the framed version like David R has. This is a used, unframed one. Still, very hard to find...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That sheet is definitely worth the price !

It does not appear to be signed. Maybe I am wrong.

My framed version is definitely signed.