Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    List of Unreleased Inkworks Promos ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Unreleased Inkworks Promos ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
After Inkworks went under in 2008, a bunch of their promos, previously unreleased to the public, started showing up on ebay and at the Philly shows. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of what surfaced ? Here is what I am aware of:

Dr. Who P2 and P4

Spiderwick Chronicles SC-1 (supposedly was released to some media outlets before the card set was cancelled, but was VERY hard to find)

Spiderwick Chronicles pack of exclusive cards that was supposed to be inserted in the UK videos or DVDs; not the same as that US foil set of SC1-SC5

Lost in Space (the 1960s TV show) promo for the never released second set that was scheduled for 1997 or 1998; I think this was P1, but I don't recall

Are there others ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
seems like theirs a couple of cards from Ghost Whisperer.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Regarding the LOST IN SPACE promos, if you are referring to the CLASSIC EPISODE SERIES which was never released, there are two promos, P1 and P2.

P1 states the cards are coming late 1998 and the P2 promo states early 1999.

I'll post pictures if you want.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please post pictures of the Lost in Space

Do you know where I can find P2 ? There were a bunch of P1 promos at the Philly show in early 2011

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The fronts are the same.

I have no idea where to get one. I only have 1 of each and don't remember who I bought them from.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, this is news to me ! I have never seen these.

And guess what ? The unreleased Lost in Space promo that I have is TOTALLY different from either of the two that you have. Mine shows the old guy on your card with the red headed boy from the show. It is either P1 or unnumbered. I will have to check. A dealer had them at the spring 2011 philly show with the Dr. Who P2 and P4.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The old guy with the boy is SP1 and looks like there is space for a signature on the bottom - has same wording as P1 on the back

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I completely take back what I said.

I checked my binder of old Inkworks promos. Cardaddict, the P1 and P2 that you scanned are NOT unreleased promos. I have them both. Picked them up back in 1998, and to my knowledge, they were not hard to find at the time.

However, to echo what Tommy C and Hammer said, the unreleased Lost in Space promo with the old guy and Bill Mumy is SP1. I have it. It appears to have been a promo for the unreleased 1998 set. It has pretty much the same back as the P1 scanned above.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I didn't know about that card! Went to E-Bay and found one though, so now I'll have it.

That 'old guy' is Jonathan Harris, who played Dr. Smith on the show.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to see a picture of the unreleased Lost in Space SP-1, here it is

(completed auction)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INKWOR...&hash=item2319fb7765

Unfortunately, I don't know how to lift scans from ebay auctions

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
See, I told you I bought it on E-Bay!

When I get it I'll take a picture!