Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    SIMPSONS DOWNUNDER RARE SAMPLE BARTARANG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIMPSONS DOWNUNDER RARE SAMPLE BARTARANG
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I can't seem to find the listing for the Bartarang. How much are they selling it for?

Posts: 2940 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just as the cards are from Down Under so is the auction. It's $3K and there's a separate listing for a prototype version of the Bartarang which I don't recall hearing about.

A few other cards are listed. I'd like to get the binder card (numbered out of 500) but the asking price is steep for that kind of thing. I understand the rarity and legion of Simpsons collectors but nobody has jumped on it yet. I know a Barbie (Tempo) binder card (also numbered out of 500) went for $10-15 last year while also recognizing a Simpsons one would go for a lot more than that in a well-worded, multi-day auction. As a longtime Simpsons collector, how would you value that?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Cool!

I can't seem to find the listing for the Bartarang. How much are they selling it for?

Posts: 1315 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I sold my extra Sample versions of the Binder card for about $100 back in 2012 and for $171 in 2009.

As far as the actual numbered version, I sold #055 for $132.50 in 2010 and #222 for $92 in 2009. I sold another numbered one a few years earlier, but I can't find the price on that one. I feel like it was something similar.

As I mentioned, the one in my PC has the matching serial number to the other insert sets, and as I recall, the seller of that set didn't even mention that nifty feature. I was delighted, especially since I bought that lot so long ago, the cards hadn't yet reached today's lofty value. Shipping to and from Australia was very inexpensive, too, back then.

I still have one sample version single and the uncut sheet with it, too, but I might part with those one day, not being the completionist I once was.

Posts: 2940 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What are they asking for the binder card, by the way?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's at $200 in Australian dollars so it might not be out of the question relative to your previous sales. It hasn't sold, however.

By the way I found the auctions by googling "bartarang."

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
What are they asking for the binder card, by the way?

Posts: 1315 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post