Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Scorpion King Fan Club promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scorpion King Fan Club promos
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I came across a set of FC1-FC6 Scorpion King promo cards, allegedly distributed at the premiere of the movie. It's not listed in PCE and was wondering if anyone knows more about these since they're from Inkworks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I enquired about this earlier in the year.
I looked at the item and came to the conclusion that the seller is mistaken the letters of the numbering is so small and blurrs together making what I think is pc look like fc eg , therefor you will have to make your own decisions on this set.
I do not think that there was a fan club set issued.
I purchased my set as a sealed pack it had 7 cards the #1 card was the same picture as the UK promo card different back other 6 character cards.
It was also very cheap I think about $3
Sorry i do not know how to put up pictures

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
After reading your post again I see that your enquiry says #1 to 6.
I might be barking up the wrong tree.
As the set i am describing and have is #1 to #7 and after finding it is in my listing as a dvd set but is still very hard to read the lettering

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
It is I who needs to apologize. There are 7 cards not 6. However, The backs seem to really say FC1-FC7. I looked under a strong magnifying glass. It could also be that they are PC1-PC7's first printing and that's why the P looks like an F. perhaps you can post pics of your cards' backs so I can compare them.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
I am sorry but I can not seem to be able to post pictures
Here is a E Bay lot # 361249712867 of the lot that I purchased it is from the same seller that I purchased my lot from and it is described as a preview set PC1 to PC7 it dose not show the backs but I am sure the seller will give you pictures . He is in Michigan
I later saw a lot on E bay described as a fan club set and after comparing them decided that they were the same set , so passed on the purchase as the letters are in case it is hard to deciper them. It will also give you an idea of the price.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm finding it hard to believe there was a Scorpion King Fan Club to have any cards but i guess there might have been.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Here's the item number and description. definitely looks like an F and not a P. Thoughts please.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was too.
I Googled it and there it is ,But I think more to do with the author of the books.
Can not find anything about cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am going away for a few days , I have a friend who is partially blind and who has a fantastic magnification reading system.
I will take my set and run it through this system and see what comes up.
I think that I have seen the lot that you have been offered but it is not going anywhere at the price.
However I will give my set a once over and come to a conclusion in a couple of days.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Here's the item number and description. definitely looks like an F and not a P. Thoughts please.

I put this number into ebay, all catagories, world wide and there is no results.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

I put this number into ebay, all catagories, world wide and there is no results.

Wolfie

As I have mentioned on another thread I have exactly the same problem especially if it is from someone in North America and is restricted postally. Can you access Topps Vault items for sale for example.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These Fan Club cards sound very familiar. I am pretty sure that I do have them, but I'd have to check. And yes, there WAS a SK Fan Club back in the day. See below

http://www.lariat.org/AtTheMov...scorpionkingdvd.html

It is almost 20 years later, so I can't recall the source of these cards. However, a part of me seems to think there was some deal where if you signed up on line for membership in the Club, that they sent you some kind of a kit, which included movie posters, the cards, and some other stuff...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok here it is I have put my set of Scorpion King sold to me as a preview set under magnification and it is in my estimation a fc the letters being in lower case make the f seem like a p so Promo king is right.
But now comes the problem was there a Preview set # 1 to 7 or is the Preview set the P1 / P9 set issued by Target

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is from my want list, I'm not exactly sure what it means any more:

FC1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (from website DVD, in cellophane)

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that if you buy the set that i have put up the e bay # on you will of got it
At the price what have you got to loose

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think there were 2 different sets. I will have to check my binder in the days ahead.

Regarding the Fan Club set, I think (again) that it was one of those deals where if you went to website set up to promote the movie (like they did for so many "big" films in the 1990s, 2000s, and onwards) where they showed theatrical previews, behind the scenes images, etc., and if you REGISTERED through the website, that you'd get this package in the mail, with the posters, photos, cards, maybe even a preview DVD. I can't recall if there was a fee for joining--there may have been.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I think there were 2 different sets. I will have to check my binder in the days ahead.

Regarding the Fan Club set, I think (again) that it was one of those deals where if you went to website set up to promote the movie (like they did for so many "big" films in the 1990s, 2000s, and onwards) where they showed theatrical previews, behind the scenes images, etc., and if you REGISTERED through the website, that you'd get this package in the mail, with the posters, photos, cards, maybe even a preview DVD. I can't recall if there was a fee for joining--there may have been.

David

I remember that the Lost promo card L1-FC was obtained in a similar fashion in that you had to join the Fan Club which was on-line. The card came with a whole load of stuff. I came across my unwanted 'Lost' stuff a while back whilst clearing a disused wardrobe.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that on Dec 6 there was a set of Scorpion King cards described as a Fan Club set sold .
It was priced at $59.95 but was sold as a best offer.
I cannot seem to pull up best offers but should not be less than %70 of asking price could of been about $45 to $50

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I've decided to punt on this one. Too murky of a history.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have looked and I do have cards FC-1 to 7. The numbers are very hard to read.

I do not recall a preview set.