Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serenity SSD-2004
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Does anyone have this promo as i seem to have missed this one alltogether.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Where was it available? The closest I have to that is SP-SD 2005, from the San Diego Comic Con.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
great, another promo I need to find Razz

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Interesting - not listed on Jeff's site or Inkworks site

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Long time no posts Smile Eek
I've had some pretty bad health issues for the last couple of months and sort of lost interest in cards, so much so, to the point that I hadn't even checked into here for what feels like forever Twak but I had still occasionally checked some of my ebay search emails for specific cards that I've been chasing down. I keep a search just for Serenity cards hoping one day someone might sell a redemption card by itself without the auto(I know it's wishful thinking) and this card pops up, at a rather shocking price I might add. (I got so excited and disappointed all at the same time Roll Eyes ) But I had to get one, and I was coming on to ask about this card and any more info any one can shed on it and found there is already one Thumb Up and thankfully I think it has picked up my interest again in my collections and hopefully new ones to start.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
$324 on e-bay Eek

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well they just sold one last week on auction for $62 so i'm not too sure why they think they can get that much for it, plus just how many of these cards do they have?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of this promo ! Where was this available ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming as i don't know that they were all printed for the San Diego show in 2004 and for some reason were not given out and they are now appearing in the stock from the Inkworks shut down sell off.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And just when I thought I had it all, in terms of Inkworks promos...

I have the 2 "unreleased" Dr.Who promos, the Spiderwick Chronicles SC1 plus that other unreleased DVD promo set, and that SP1 on the 1997 Lost in Space, but up until this post, I'd never heard of the Serenity promo !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hummmm.....New one to me too! Got to love this hobby Smile

Posts: 1020 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
so we're guessing this was an unreleased promo then?

Really bummed that I have to track 1 of these down to keep my Firefly/Serenity master set together.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Well they just sold one last week on auction for $62 so i'm not too sure why they think they can get that much for it, plus just how many of these cards do they have?

That's the one I grabbed, not too sure who would pay over $300 for it.
My theory is that they put up the buy it now with that really high price, and then listed the auction a few days later hoping the BIN would increase the auction price.
I know, it's a stupid idea Twak Smile
I imagine they will be listing more. I'm more surprised about the fact that they are only now starting to sell them, would they really still be going through boxes of old Inkworks stuff they haven't gotten to yet? and what other mysterious unreleased cards might there be? Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is another one listed you know where.
Just a heads up for those who want one.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The big question as with anything of this type is just how many are there.

Time will tell.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The big question as with anything of this type is just how many are there.

Time will tell.

Probably an 800 count box full.

Lets look at this thread in a year's time and see what the going rate is.

"The Union of the Two Rings", 2003, another unreleased promo from Inkworks that popped up recently.

Posts: 97 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
By the look of the bids i think there will be a few second chance offers going out.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Bet I don't get a 2nd chance offer Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where was this Union of the Two Rings promo discussed ?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I wondered that, it was the first i had heard of it.