Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Inkworks Promo Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can find "Freaks" from time to time - singles here and there.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
What about Freaks?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody for your input as catskilleagle says the Godzilla P1 is available if you want to pay the price
Scooby doo CO matte finish has been available for a long time if you want to pay.
The Serenity SD2004 card is available the seller in the UK purchased the Inkworks inventory so there is no saying how many he has but he has been dribbling them out over a number of years ,One sold a couple of months ago for $7.50.
The JP3-A is quiet rare as I have only seen 2 lots. for sale I think i paid about $30 for my set one lot sold about 3 months ago 4 packs under $20 that was a good buy This card was not issued as a single card and could only be got in a sealed pack with four other base cards of the set dont know wether they were different in the packs or not but every pack had a JP3-A in it.
The Katts Creatures has been up for sale regularly one sold about 2 days ago $8.50
The Freaks is hard to find only seen 1 set I purchased it for I think $16 4 cards and 4 card sheet a number of years ago there are 3 cards for sale now P2 P3 P4
Three Rings on offer all the time.
Cards that should be cheap and in the marketplace that are hard to find others might not think so are
Shrek 3 # 3/3
Supernatural 2 PUk
Small soldiers both $ card sheets
Some Naruto ones are hard to find
The AVP K Mart preview set
And the Sleepy Hollow R1
The Betty Page Zippo ones I would say would be the hardest to find anyone know was it a set or only one card
I would like to see a picture of the UK Spiderwick Chronicles set Front and Back if possible.
Anyway thank you all for your Input
Piko

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Piko, I never heard of the Bettie Page cards by Inkworks from the late 1990s until they were mentioned on Card Talk earlier this year. I think it was noted that there are at least 4 or 5 different ones. I do not have them myself, but I did an ebay search for the boxed products that they were inserted in (1 per box) and i saw 1. Regarding the Spiderwick cards the 5 card foil set you see on ebay is from the U.S. dvds but there is definitely a totally different non foil set that showed up on ebay after Inkworks folded. I think the auctions said they were supposed to be a UK video or DVD insert that was canceled. I can pull them from my binder next week and try to post images.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
By the way, I should add that I don't believe that the Spiderwick card set has the Inkworks logo on it but the Ebay seller and Inkworks confirmed that yes, they did make them.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks David
From your posts as I understand them the UK set is a Matte finish not a foiled one would that assumption be correct.
I was the same I had never heard of the Bettie Page cards either until then.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David

Here are some images of the front and back of cards from the Video set

card back
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

card front

and here is the back of the Bettie Page card which has been posted before I believe.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had not seen that Inkworks Bettie Page card before. I do have a Zippo Bettie Page card that was part of a Dark Horse product. It was inserted with a lighter as part of a 4-lighter set, 2 with artwork by Jim Silke and 2 with artwork by Dave Stevens. I recall buying it at SDCC in 1998 or 1999 but have lost track of the card (might still be in the box packed away).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Thanks David
From your posts as I understand them the UK set is a Matte finish not a foiled one would that assumption be correct.
I was the same I had never heard of the Bettie Page cards either until then.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting those pictures up John
The Spiderwick is quiet nice
But I have to get at least one of those Bettie Page cards if not the set LOL
Piko

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
At one point I was trying to get all the Bettie Page promo cards, Inkworks and otherwise, but I soon gave up.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see sets of those Spiderwick cards on the auction site now. Search for Spiderwick video game set

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R has asked me to post images of all the Video Cards as I have already shown the front of 1 of 4 here is the back:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG] and here ids the front of 2 of 4:-

Here is the back of 3 of 4:-

and here is the front of 3 of 4:-

and here is the back of 4 of 4:-

and here is the front:-

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
At one point I was trying to get all the Bettie Page promo cards, Inkworks and otherwise, but I soon gave up.

Do you have these ? I have never seen them, myself.

PROMO CARDS (in packs of Bench Warmer Gold 2014 Update)

BP1 Bettie Page [# to 24; gold foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 14; pink foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 5; green foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 2; blue foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 1; red foil]

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a BP1 (19/24 gold foil) I've seen for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
quote:

Do you have these ? I have never seen them, myself.

PROMO CARDS (in packs of Bench Warmer Gold 2014 Update)

BP1 Bettie Page [# to 24; gold foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 14; pink foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 5; green foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 2; blue foil]
BP1 Bettie Page [# to 1; red foil]

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Alas and alack, I have none of those!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also see a purple foil version on ebay now which says PROOF. Is that the pink foil variant limited to 14 or something else ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I looked for a listing of the proof but couldn't find even a mention of it anywhere. It is not serial-numbered. In fact, it's blank where the number would be.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I also see a purple foil version on ebay now which says PROOF. Is that the pink foil variant limited to 14 or something else ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Due to absolutely no demand whatsoever, here is my entire collection of Bettie Page promo cards (with site appropriate censorship). I think I only need a couple of dozen more to complete my set:

Oops! One of them is a sketch card.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Due to absolutely no demand whatsoever, here is my entire collection of Bettie Page promo cards (with site appropriate censorship). I think I only need a couple of dozen more to complete my set:

And not one of them an Inkworks card! Big Grin

regards

John

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whats the one where she is sitting on a bomb, i don't have that one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Again, the thread has been hijacked. These are not inkworks cards. Why are they here?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post