Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Inkworks Promo Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I know that the Inkworks promo cards have been thrashed over and over.
But my question to the forum is.
What Inkworks Promo card or Preview set do you think is the hardest to find .
Not the most expensive one.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

That's a distinction worth making because there are some rare ones you can pick up anytime if you're willing and able to pay up as in the case of the Godzilla regular-size P1.

One Inkworks promo that is hard to find is the Scooby-Doo: Mysteries and Monsters C02 matte finish variant. I saw one sell for $40-50 last year but that was the only one of those I've seen for sale in years. The foil variant is always floating around and the price has come down. I found one for $6 last year but it's usually more like a $15-30 card now.

The Buffy Season 5 B5-2 embossed is hard to find. I had a chance to buy the sealed NSU magazine with it last year as part of a lot of sealed magazines but someone else bought it while I was thinking about it.

I hadn't seen the Golden Compass GC-CFF promo until recently. A seller is testing the waters from just over $65 to just over $55 range but not getting any takers. It used to go in that range but interest in that set has cooled. I would think it's more of a $25-35 card now.

Those are the three that come immediately to mind.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I know that the Inkworks promo cards have been thrashed over and over.
But my question to the forum is.
What Inkworks Promo card or Preview set do you think is the hardest to find .
Not the most expensive one.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Piko, so as a single Inkworks promo, I would have to say the Kratt's Creatures from 1997, a 1 card set, available thru blockbuster video by giving them a coupon. Numbered B1, pretty rare as an Inkworks promo but, as your main part of your question, I'd say a top 3 for me would be,
Island of Dr Moreau from 1996, as it's a lesser known set from Inkworks
The Spiderwick Chronicles from 1997 as this includes an SC-1 promo that was supposedly destroyed after manufacturing, but luckily 1 found it's way to my folder...
and lastly
Sleepy Hollow, such a cool set and movie, plus the bonus of the R1 promo, available from the owner of Inkworks ( Uncle Allen), reportedly only 500 exist.

Other promo collectors may haver other opinions but there's a start for you Ross
Cheers mate, also Email sent Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The jurassic park JP3-A is tough plus the Betty Page promos

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cardscout,

The funny thing about the Island of Dr. Moreau set is that I was at a show in California where they were handing those out like candy when it was new. It took years for me to trade away my extras.

I got lucky with the Kratt's Creatures B1 - bought or traded for it from Glenn Leonard early not knowing it would be hard to find later.

Yeah, that Sleepy Hollow R1 is hard to find now. It wasn't that hard for while - haven't seen it in years.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
G'day Piko, so as a single Inkworks promo, I would have to say the Kratt's Creatures from 1997, a 1 card set, available thru blockbuster video by giving them a coupon. Numbered B1, pretty rare as an Inkworks promo but, as your main part of your question, I'd say a top 3 for me would be,
The Spiderwick Chronicles from 1997 as this includes an SC-1 promo that was supposedly destroyed after manufacturing, but luckily 1 found it's way to my folder...
and lastly
Sleepy Hollow, such a cool set and movie, plus the bonus of the R1 promo, available from the owner of Inkworks ( Uncle Allen), reportedly only 500 exist.

Other promo collectors may haver other opinions but there's a start for you Ross
Cheers mate, also Email sent Thumb Up

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:

There a 3 sets on ebay now

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
What about Freaks?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was also that unreleased Serenity SDCC promo that was reported here on Card Talk. I believe it was mostly black with just the logo

And how about the "Union of the Two Rings" wedding card ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There was also that unreleased Serenity SDCC promo that was reported here on Card Talk. I believe it was mostly black with just the logo

Here is the Union of the two rings card as below:-

the front

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

and the back

and here is the Serenity Card taken from the web a while back:-

The front

and the back

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those have been sitting on Ebay since at least last year so they've been available. That's the Serenity SSD-2004 and one sold in July for the price another one is at now, $125.58 plus about $20 shipping. The Union of the Two Rings card is being offered for less than it used to go for but a lot of promo collectors already have it.

Jess

quote:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would say that the Kratt's B1 may be the toughest and most obscure one to find

But then again, I never heard of the Betty Page cards by Inkworks which came in the Zippo boxes until Albert posted on them this year. I do not have any of those, but I did see 1 on ebay this year when I searched for the box itself

Another hard to find promo set are those Spiderwick Chronicles cards, the ones which showed up on ebay after Inkworks went out of business. I am not talking about the set which came in the DVD. There was a second mini-set of cards, which I think were supposed to be a UK product insert. I haven't seen that second set in awhile, but I have it.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was looking through my SERENITY binder to see if I had that promo card (I don't), but I found this torn envelope from Inkworks with a sell-sheet and order forms inside it. I have no idea where I got it from:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
quote:
The funny thing about the Island of Dr. Moreau set is that I was at a show in California where they were handing those out like candy when it was new. It took years for me to trade away my extras.

I got lucky with the Kratt's Creatures B1 - bought or traded for it from Glenn Leonard early not knowing it would be hard to find later.

Yeah, that Sleepy Hollow R1 is hard to find now. It wasn't that hard for while - haven't seen it in years.

Gday Jess, yeah, the Island of Dr Moreau just popped to mind as it's not really discussed that much. Didn't know about them being given away at the show in Cali you went to... oh well

I'm probably the same, got my Kratt's B1 from Glenn leonard as a trade, a lot of years back, he was always good for a bundle of hard to get stuff (here in Oz)

yeah, I'm the same about the Sleepy Hollow R1 promo, a very cool card and glad it's in my collection, but same, haven't seen one for sale or trade in years!! Thumb Up Sheep

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
cool pics John Levitt and Cardaddict Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R asked me to post a picture of the Kratt's Creature card and here it is:-

the front

and the back

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
David R asked me to post a picture of the Kratt's Creature card and here it is:-

the front

and the back

regards

John

There was one on ebay for $8

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Must admit, not too concerned about the wedding card as I (personally) don't consider that a promo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I wish these discussions wouldn't keep coming up - it's costing me a fortune in new found promos LOL Smile

I keep adding to my collection - Great fun

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, it does promote an event with the added gimmick of the artist providing a self-portrait of sorts, an action pose with his bride-to-be. It's a cool-looking card too. An old friend did a similar thing when he got married. The table assignment card for each guest at the reception was laminated and attached to a lanyard so you could just wear it like a company ID badge. Because he's into the same kinds of collectibles we are, he added a twist: the cards were done in refractor foil. I still have it hanging on a wall.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Must admit, not too concerned about the wedding card as I (personally) don't consider that a promo

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Well, it does promote an event with the added gimmick of the artist providing a self-portrait of sorts, an action pose with his bride-to-be. It's a cool-looking card too. An old friend did a similar thing when he got married. The table assignment card for each guest at the reception was laminated and attached to a lanyard so you could just wear it like a company ID badge. Because he's into the same kinds of collectibles we are, he added a twist: the cards were done in refractor foil. I still have it hanging on a wall.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Ok it's not a promo promoting a card set or Card Company. If I had gone to the wedding it would be a prized momento but as I didn't go it's not something I collect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,