Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Spiderwick SC1 variant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spiderwick SC1 variant
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There was some discussion a few months ago here on the board about the Inkworks Spiderwick Chronicles promo SC1, and the fact that there is a color variant.

One has the movie studio logo on the back in white, one in blue. I have compared the two, and there are definitely two versions.

Curiously, the blue version has been listed on ebay as the harder to find one, yet I had a few blue ones and no whites at all, until I picked up a white version last month for $ 2

What color do others have ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Don't have SC1 - I do have SC2 and the Paramount logo is blue. Also have SW-SD2007 and the Paramount logo is black

Also noticed that the Inkworks set is not listed on Jeff Allender's page - one of the very few times things are not listed

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Don't have SC1 - I do have SC2 and the Paramount logo is blue. Also have SW-SD2007 and the Paramount logo is black

Also noticed that the Inkworks set is not listed on Jeff Allender's page - one of the very few times things are not listed

Are you sure that the logo is black on SW-SD2007 as all the ones I have seen the background colour is white.

The cards are not yet on Jeff's site however I am hopeful that they will be soon as I corresponded with Jeff about them a while back. Essentially they did not appear because the set was not issued.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
For my SW-SD2007, the Paramount logo is black on a white background

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My Spiderwick cars are
SC1 Blue
SC2 Blue
SD 2007 White
I must check my spares as I think I have a white
There was a seller on the bay selling blue ones for quiet a high price He dose not have them up now but dose have a White one up
I think I got mine from the UK
Piko

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am also talking about backgrounds
1 and 2 are semi cream on a blue background
SD Black on a white background
same on the cards on E Bay
Piko

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
For my SW-SD2007, the Paramount logo is black on a white background

AWR thank you.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a link which shows the 2 different backs on the SC-1, white and blue.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YKXcg78GC6oJhpNU8

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh i see it now. I never notice things like that until somebody points it out.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I love finding things like that. Thanks for sharing it.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
My SC1 & SC2 are blue, SD2007 is white.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Hammer, I have a spare White background of the SD-2007 promo, both my SC-1 and SC-2 are blue, do you have the white in either of those mate? Wavey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My SDCC promo has the Paramount mountain in black on a white background. What is the other version ?

Incidentally, are these the only Spiderwick promos by Inkworks:

SC-1, SC-2, SW-SD2007,
Field Guide foils SC-1 to SC-5 from the DVD,
Video Game 1 of 4 to 4 of 4

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Inkworks did the video game cards?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At the time that they showed up on ebay, after Inkworks folded, 2 sources told me yes, that they did. That included the UK seller who was selling all of the previously unknown Inkworks promos and autos.

I don't think they were actually inserted in a video game, although that was the intent. I can tell you that the 5 foils definitely came in the DVD, as I bought the DVD in 2008 to get them.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day David, any chance we can see the 5 foils from the DVD, they sound really interesting? Wavey
Thanks

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to post images, but if you click on this Google link you can see the 5 foil cards among the other items, which say Field Guide on them. I don't want to give direct links to any ebay auctions...

https://www.google.com/search?...1C1GCEA_enUS885US885

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And in case anyone wants to see the Video Game cards...

https://www.google.com/search?...QBA&biw=1229&bih=589

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is intriguing ,by the replies to the post it seems or is starting to look like the SW1 white promo logo could be the rarer one .
Or batches of either one could of turned up in certain places
Making either one rarer or more common in the area or district that they were released in.
Piko