Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    The Walter Day Collection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walter Day Collection
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted
There's a gigantic set of cards, plus some smaller sets, produced by a video game historian-type guy.

https://thewalterdaycollection.com/

I got a nice little bundle of them today and they seem to have been produced on a monthly basis over a long period of time. His site provides a lot of detail, and I'm thinking this may be one massive ongoing set or sets. I'm hoping to find out if these are all giveaways at events and trade shows, and such. It doesn't seem these are for-sale cards.

The flagship set seems to be Superstars of (place year here): Video Game & Pinball Trading Cards. From what I can there's nearly 3500 different cards.

There is Science Fiction Historical Trading Cards, 177 listed on the site.

Biographical Trading Cards, with subsets like "Scientists & Inventors", and "Authors & Poets." At least 1200.

Movie History, at least 43 of them. Movie posters and lobby cards.

Comic Book History, at least 105. Features comics and artists, convention posters.

The website says all the images are public domain and the text on back is plentiful, some info being credited to Wikipedia.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
How, exactly, does one obtain these cards? I am interested in some of the science fiction author ones.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Philly Card Show card #86 features Walter Day (a guest at the May 2015 show), Harris, Roxanne & Marlin feature on a Walter Day card and some cards were distributed at that May show

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
These seem to exist in a world of their own. No real distribution, just cards he seems to print when he can. Its odd. They are not promos, they are not pack cards, they are not factory sets. The images are all public domain and the text on the backs is often credited to Wikipedia.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post