Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Help identifying these MARVEL promos!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying these MARVEL promos!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
These have been in my collection for about 20 years, but I don't remember where I got them. I would appreciate any help identifying the promotion they came from. Approximately 8x10 each. Blank backs.

Thanks!

WOLVERINE

HULK

DAREDEVIL

PUNISHER

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know about those. They might be case bonus/incentive cards from one of the late 90's sets. Marvel Masterpieces (1996) had gold gallery chase cards. Your cards look similar.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The foil border on three of the cards looks like the same border artwork used on the card backs and the checklist card from the 1991 Marvel 1st Covers Series II set.

The Daredevil foil border looks like Spider-Man's webbing...

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I did further research online. Has anyone heard of a line of comic books called Marvel Legends Icons circa 2002? Are these art prints from some related promotion for that set?

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post