Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Star wars promo prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star wars promo prices
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
New high for Star Wars Topps vehicles refractor version prices, pure auction.

Ebay:195363617898

Ended:Sep 27, 2022 , 9:19PM

Winning bid:US $860.00

[ 6 bids ]

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've wondered what those two would go for these days. For anyone not familiar, these are the rarer refractor versions of P1 and P2 promos. There were said to be 3200 of the regular P1 chromium promo but only 320 of the P1 refractor version. The regular P2 chromium was said to have had a print rum of 1600 but only 160 of the P2 refractor. You could find them for sale if you really wanted them but the supply dried up fast.

PCE2008 had the P1 refractor at $60 and the P2 refractor at $200.

I guess we could say that the P1 accounts for about $200 of the total and the remainder for the P2. The seller might have sold them for more especially the P2 if the cards had been offered separately.

Posts: 4374 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

[ 6 bids ]

The biker scout card in that listing looks to be the regular version while the Vader is clearly the refractor version.

The same seller had a another set of what looks to be the same go for $600 buy-it-now the day before the auction ended.

These promos were issued in a somewhat unusual manner as they were incentives to purchase larger quantities of a $10 Star Wars 20th Anniversary magazine from Topps. I don't remember what the exact levels were required to get each card, but I somehow ended up with a set of P1 and P2 in the regular version. I only have a couple of copies of the magazine, so I can't remember how I acquired them, but I certainly didn't get them as incentives for the required purchases.

The magazine itself also had cover logo color variations randomly issued, but those never became something people chased.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I should've added that PCE2008 notes that a dealer had to order 25 copies of that magazine to get the P1 and P2 chromium promos. You had to order 100 copies to get a P1 and P2 refractor but the cards weren't distributed properly so they were harder to get than that firsthand.

I also have the P1 and P2 chromiums. I had a P1 refractor for a while but sold it in the late 2000's (don't recall what I sold it for).

Posts: 4374 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

[ 6 bids ]

Correction : an astute collector pointed out that the description of this auction was somewhat misleading. In fact, the seller relisted BOTH cards because ONLY the P1 was the refractor version. The P2 was the regular version.

in the subsequent listings, each card sold individually as follows:

P1 refractor $510 pure auction, 3 bids. P2 regular, non-refractor, pure auction 2 bids $200.

Makes me wonder what the P2 refractor would sell for?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you have to be careful. I saw another auction in which a promo pack is noted in the title but the wordy and busy description notes only one of the cards is actually for sale. If there's any question, contact the seller for a clarification.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I've noticed more and more scammers on Ebay. They must have their hands full with complaints.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A seller started an auction for the P1 refractor at $1000 but it didn't get any bids. I assume that's a case of testing the waters. It is relatively rare with a print run of 320 but not scarce enough to impel even a speculator to go for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35435...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see the Star Wars Galaxy II P3 Yoda card has jumped in value. I haven't seen a sale for while but there have been two in the past three months. One sold as a Best Offer for something less than $999.99 (so maybe $750-900?) and the other was an auction that ended at $699.99 with 26 bids on August 22. Both of these are at least twice what the range had been, $300-350, for at least a few years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29518...rksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38506...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see a Star Wars Vehicles P2 (chromium) sold for somewhere south of $189.99 on April 29.