Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Bad Luck on Ebay--Anyone Have This Promo ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Luck on Ebay--Anyone Have This Promo ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I've been buying on ebay for 14 years, and thankfully have had only 3 bad experiences, 2 of which involved promo cards, 1 a DVD. Unfortunately, the third experience happened a few weeks ago ! I won a promo for a mere $3. Seller has 100% positive rating, but hasn't auctioned anything in a month. A few weeks ago, I get an email from someone claiming to be the seller's wife, who says he was in a bad car accident and they can't find my promo !

In any event, this was a promo on my wantlist for awhile. Can anyone help me find a replacement ?

The promo is the old Wizard Magazine Ripclaw card, with the SILVER stripe up the left side, as opposed to the regular one which has a white stripe, or the gold variant. I'd never seen the silver up until now. If anyone wants a scan of it, LMK. Thanks !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, while it is unfortunate about your promo, if the seller has 100% feedback and the promo was only $3 I would suspect the car accident story to be true, particularly as I think I might know who this is.

I would not normally reply to a post like this but I think some compassion for others, particularly at this time of year, would not be out of place.

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I suspect the story is true and I am very sorry for this person. And no, I am not looking for my $ 3 back. Incidentally, the seller is located in the mid-West USA. I've never dealt with him before, but he seems to buy and sell old 1990s comic books and cards on ebay. So I am not sure if it's the same fellow you're thinking of

Again, I am not saying that he ripped me off nor am I going to pursue the matter. I just wondered if anyone on Card Talk has the silver striped Ripclaw that they'd want to part with...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
gday david, ive had a look thru my promos and spares, no, sorry i dont have the silver strip one but will keep watch for you
hope the seller is on the road to a speedy recovery

Posts: 710 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The seller's wife emailed me a week ago and said that, tragically, her husband died. She said that she was not in a condition to look for the card which I won.

I see that two people just posted negative feedback against him, saying that they didn't receive their Star Wars comics. However, given the circumstances, I wouldn't do that to him.

So my search for the Ripclaw variant continues... I'd never seen the silver version before that ebay auction.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty good excuse.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post