Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Aeon Flux Target exclusive promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aeon Flux Target exclusive promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone ever see these ? It was a pack of 4 or 5 cards (or perhaps more) that came exclusively in specially marked DVDs of the Aeon Flux cartoon show ONLY available at Target stores. This came out about 5 years ago

I saw these ONCE on ebay many years back and never saw them again. The auction went for $20. I regret not having bid more, as I have not been able to find them

Note that these are completely different from that ultra common pack given out at the San Diego Comic Con (and other places) the same year, which shows painted artwork, and which you can probably pick up 10 up for 50 cents. The Target pack cards show images from the cable cartoon show

Anyone have these ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
These are the easy to get ones, right?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I did not know that these existed (David's posting)...

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are the easy cards. There are dozens of them on ebay, as we speak

The Target pack has cartoon like cards, sort of reminiscent of that WILDCats Animated cartoon show back in the 1990s

I remember going to Target when this DVD came out. They told me that they only received 2 or 3 specially marked copies with the cards. They had a ton without the cards. By the time I got there, they didn't have any with the cards left

Like I said, I saw the set once on ebay right after the DVD came out. Never saw them again. Unfortunately, I don't have the cards, myself

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a sealed pack for trade.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bluegill, I am sending you an email

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally found these the other day, after 8 years of searching. On Craigslist, of all places.

They were exclusive to the Target DVD, released in 2005. They are TOTALLY different from the ones that Cardaddict scanned above.

Will post scans when they arrive !

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I have these cards from a forgotten NSU member.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Darn, I bought Aeon Flux at Target on 10-17-2006 (the receipt is still in the DVD) and there were no cards in it! The promotion must have been over by then. Missed it by that much!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The DVD with the cards had a special blue, circular sticker on the front, indicating that the cards were inside. I went to Target, myself, in 2005 when the DVD was released but never saw the one with the cards.

Will post scans in a few days !

Now if only I can find the 2007 Heroes (TV show) promos by Topps that were exclusive to the Circuit City DVDs. I have never seen those...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
At least the images on the Heroes cards are the same as the SDCC set. It's just the backs that are different.

With the demise of Circuit City they didn't hang around very long though. Pretty limited. I'd expect them to be tougher than the Aeon Flux promos actually.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally received these in the mail.

They have dark blue borders, and cartoon artwork. The backs say Exclusive Aeon Flux Collector's Cards

They are: Anarchic Chic, Only the Strange Survive, Ready for the Action Now Dangerboy, and That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stranger

I'll post scans of the 4 cards next week !

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
David R asked me to post these.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad I finally found these after so many years. I've only seen them show up once on ebay, and that was back in 2006 or so.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those pictures. I've never seen those before.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I didn't have these either, took all of 5 min to find one. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, thanks for posting the scans for me.

Yes, these were Target store exclusives. Came in the specially marked DVDs, though I imagine that Target didn't have too many due to limited interest. When they first came out, I went to Target but never saw them

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see the links are broken for the card images. I posted a scan of them in another thread but in case anyone looks for them here, take a look:

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post