Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Aeon Flux Target exclusive promos

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/3427098516

January 26, 2012, 12:13 PM
David R
Aeon Flux Target exclusive promos
Anyone ever see these ? It was a pack of 4 or 5 cards (or perhaps more) that came exclusively in specially marked DVDs of the Aeon Flux cartoon show ONLY available at Target stores. This came out about 5 years ago

I saw these ONCE on ebay many years back and never saw them again. The auction went for $20. I regret not having bid more, as I have not been able to find them

Note that these are completely different from that ultra common pack given out at the San Diego Comic Con (and other places) the same year, which shows painted artwork, and which you can probably pick up 10 up for 50 cents. The Target pack cards show images from the cable cartoon show

Anyone have these ?
January 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
cardaddict
These are the easy to get ones, right?

January 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
miket999
I did not know that these existed (David's posting)...

Mike.
January 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
David R
Those are the easy cards. There are dozens of them on ebay, as we speak

The Target pack has cartoon like cards, sort of reminiscent of that WILDCats Animated cartoon show back in the 1990s

I remember going to Target when this DVD came out. They told me that they only received 2 or 3 specially marked copies with the cards. They had a ton without the cards. By the time I got there, they didn't have any with the cards left

Like I said, I saw the set once on ebay right after the DVD came out. Never saw them again. Unfortunately, I don't have the cards, myself
February 09, 2012, 09:36 AM
bluegill
I have a sealed pack for trade.
February 10, 2012, 07:42 AM
David R
Bluegill, I am sending you an email
March 18, 2013, 11:15 AM
David R
Finally found these the other day, after 8 years of searching. On Craigslist, of all places.

They were exclusive to the Target DVD, released in 2005. They are TOTALLY different from the ones that Cardaddict scanned above.

Will post scans when they arrive !
March 18, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mister E.
I have these cards from a forgotten NSU member.

March 18, 2013, 07:17 PM
cardaddict
Darn, I bought Aeon Flux at Target on 10-17-2006 (the receipt is still in the DVD) and there were no cards in it! The promotion must have been over by then. Missed it by that much!
March 19, 2013, 09:47 AM
David R
The DVD with the cards had a special blue, circular sticker on the front, indicating that the cards were inside. I went to Target, myself, in 2005 when the DVD was released but never saw the one with the cards.

Will post scans in a few days !

Now if only I can find the 2007 Heroes (TV show) promos by Topps that were exclusive to the Circuit City DVDs. I have never seen those...
March 19, 2013, 01:48 PM
Jake
At least the images on the Heroes cards are the same as the SDCC set. It's just the backs that are different.

With the demise of Circuit City they didn't hang around very long though. Pretty limited. I'd expect them to be tougher than the Aeon Flux promos actually.

March 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
David R
Finally received these in the mail.

They have dark blue borders, and cartoon artwork. The backs say Exclusive Aeon Flux Collector's Cards

They are: Anarchic Chic, Only the Strange Survive, Ready for the Action Now Dangerboy, and That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stranger

I'll post scans of the 4 cards next week !
July 15, 2013, 07:36 PM
John Oder
David R asked me to post these.

July 16, 2013, 09:56 AM
David R
Glad I finally found these after so many years. I've only seen them show up once on ebay, and that was back in 2006 or so.
July 19, 2013, 08:46 PM
cardaddict
Thanks for posting those pictures. I've never seen those before.
July 20, 2013, 04:06 PM
John Oder
I didn't have these either, took all of 5 min to find one. Thanks for posting.
July 22, 2013, 10:17 AM
David R
John, thanks for posting the scans for me.

Yes, these were Target store exclusives. Came in the specially marked DVDs, though I imagine that Target didn't have too many due to limited interest. When they first came out, I went to Target but never saw them
September 14, 2020, 04:52 AM
catskilleagle
I see the links are broken for the card images. I posted a scan of them in another thread but in case anyone looks for them here, take a look: