Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Buffy 5 Promo card 5P2 Embossed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy 5 Promo card 5P2 Embossed
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I recently purchased a Buffy season 5 P2 embossed promo card, it did not cost me much but I thought that it was the card that was inserted in the variant SDCC NSU Magazine of wich I already have one but another one would be good trading material
Upon receiving the card i find it is not the SDCC card but is embossed with the Inkworks Authentic circular cachet like the one that is on the Sleepy Hollow signed large card that was discussed on the forum recently
The card I have has a oval embossing on it wich has San Diego in the design
Can any member clarify wether two types of embossing were used on this card or how or why it has this style of embossing
As far as I know the cards that you could get embossed at SDCC had oval style embossing and were year dated as were the Buffy Angel gold seal cards
I have to say the seller did not say it was a SDCC card only described it as Buffy 5 P2 embossed then left everything up to the buyers imagination I am still going to keep it and not moan I think it was cheap enough
Thanks
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Very Interesting, it's been on my want list for forever. A very lucky find !!
Any clues as to what you paid?
I also wasn't aware of two different embossed versions, would love to see pics Wavey

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I paid $8 for the card but it is not the SDCC card that was issued with the NSU issue .
I do not think so as I now have two embossed Buffy 5 5P2 cards with two different styles of embossing
This is what I an trying to find out was there two types of embossing used for this card
The vendor is in the UK there is another one on his list but it is difficult to make out the embossing there is a BIN on it the one I got was by auction.
Unfortunately I am unable to put up photos I will find the lot number and put it up tomorrow
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

Many of us know what you mean, but just for those unfamiliar with Buffy promos, the card that was inserted with the SDCC variant issue of NSU was B5-2. You could get a B5-2 without the SDCC embossing in the regular issue of NSU so maybe it got stamped at a show with the other kind of embossing. I read in another thread that you could get any Inkworks card stamped at a show.

I see an auction that offers an embossed B5-2 but the embossing isn't clear in the photo.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Yes I paid $8 for the card but it is not the SDCC card that was issued with the NSU issue .
I do not think so as I now have two embossed Buffy 5 5P2 cards with two different styles of embossing
This is what I an trying to find out was there two types of embossing used for this card
The vendor is in the UK there is another one on his list but it is difficult to make out the embossing there is a BIN on it the one I got was by auction.
Unfortunately I am unable to put up photos I will find the lot number and put it up tomorrow
Piko

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think Jess has it there. The NSU variant came with an embossed card but the standard issue only had the plain card.

I'm guessing the buyer purchased the standard issue at San Diego and then got the card stamped at the booth with whatever stamp they were using that day.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here are mine:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
E Bay lot # 324327097963
If you look at the back of the card picture and expand it you can see part of the embossing top left corner.
I do not think that it was made with the embossing machine that was available at the SDCC shows.
But stand corrected as the Company would of done things that still have to come to light.
Cardaddicts picture is the same embossing as my SDCC one done in the same place on the card