Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Voy Season One Series One promo card sheet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voy Season One Series One promo card sheet
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted
This has been a long standing itch I can't scratch. NSU has listed since 'the old days' a non-reflective error promo card. I'm not sure what that is AND if anyone has ever seen it Wink I am wondering if there was some confusion back in the day (since the actual insert cards are blue but the promo sheet the spectra cards are pink-ish. If anyone knows anything, let me know!!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen for sale these cards as singles looking like they have come from a cut up sheet
Could the Company issued singles of these cards with the same backs in different shades

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
never mind

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I have seen for sale these cards as singles looking like they have come from a cut up sheet
Could the Company issued singles of these cards with the same backs in different shades

Or could be dealers cutting them down as well, that often happens.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lynne

Having just done a quick internet search I can see that the back of the 9 card sheet would be pretty obvious if cut up as it is designed as one complete card with 9 images on the front. I also see different examples of the the card some bluish some pinkish so they could they be the variant you are looking for?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
true, the back would make it obvious.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for, John. Makes it hard Wink))
The only thing I know is there is supposed to be non-reflective version of the promo sheet.
The promo sheet has pink character cards. The actual set has blue and the Series II version of the set used pink again for aliens.
What I'm looking to find out is if there is a sheet different than the one I linked.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
There are indeed 2 versions. The one pictured above shows holographic stars within the Janeway and Chakotay cards whereas the other version does not and is regular foil. I do not know which version is rarer. I hope that clarifies for you!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
It does a little though I don't know what you mean by regular foil?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
In looking at the ones I have, one is similar to yours. The other is not holographic, Its spectra foil. As a result, the stars in the background of the stars' portraits do not exist in the variant version. If someone here will post a picture for me, I'd be glad to show it.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
You can send it to stcardgeek@gmail.com and I'll post it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

Thanks for showing the sheets during the meeting. We were able to see the difference live and almost in person.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
In looking at the ones I have, one is similar to yours. The other is not holographic, Its spectra foil. As a result, the stars in the background of the stars' portraits do not exist in the variant version. If someone here will post a picture for me, I'd be glad to show it.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures:
I can see the stars no trouble, but wasn't sure what was meant by holographic?