Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Oracle Webmaster Promo Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oracle Webmaster Promo Cards
 Login/Join

posted
I was digging in a box recently and found an interesting foil pack called "The Webmaster" that was done to promote Oracle Magazine in 1996. Oddly, the packs only contain 4 cards but the back says there are 6 in the set. To complicate things even more the cards are skip numbered. Has anyone seen these before? Do you know if there are indeed 6 in the set and what the other 2 cards look like?

Posts: 13 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Todd, I used to have two of these. A guy at work gave them to me about 15 yrs ago.
Traded them to Mike Tilford.

Theres another card titled "The Virus" but that's all I know about them. I recall they were nice UV-coated cards.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Billzee!

Only one more to go for the checklist (maybe).

Posts: 13 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last one is The Lynx and it is card # 21.

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone come across these recently ?

I still can't find any !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't seen those - will keep my eyes open for them.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Has anyone come across these recently ?

I still can't find any !

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else ever come across these ?

I never have. I do not have them, unfortunately...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I have checked for those periodically since reading about them here but haven't seen a pack nor any singles for sale.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Has anyone else ever come across these ?

I never have. I do not have them, unfortunately...

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A pack of these popped up on ebay this week, with 4 of the 6 cards inside.

First time I've ever seen one of these packs for sale...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found a sealed pack of these but it had only 3 cards inside not 4, as advertised. It contained Webmaster and Max Stout (seen in the scans above) and the third card was Lynx.

posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the card # for The Virus is? I'd love to get these thrown into Beckett's DB for promo card DB I'm working on.

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can try to have someone post a scan of The Lynx if you want to see it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I looked at my cards again. 2 cards were stuck together, so my pack did contain 4, not 3.

The cards I pulled were:

The Webmaster
Max Stout
The Lynx
The Hacker-- which is card #10

I did not get The Bug or Annette Surfer (seen above in the scans)

So are there more than 6 cards ? Someone said there was The Virus...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David sent me scans of the fronts and backs of the cards he got in the pack. I combined them into the image below.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently saw on ebay a t-shirt with the same images as the cards, which sold for $ 20.

Haven't seen the cards themselves show up for sale since 2021. Before that, I never saw them aside from in these posts.