Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Dungeon Dolls Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dungeon Dolls Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone know how many different DD promos Axebone did circa 2011-2012 ? I am aware of the ones listed on Jeff Allendar's website and I recall the Bad Axe website used to show them, but I did an internet search and saw at least one I never heard of, listed as an "internet exclusive", with a photo front

I emailed Axe awhile back on this, but received no response

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have 5 DD promos, none say Internet Exclusive, but of course, I might not have it. Treasure Chests and Booty did have a card labeled Internet Exclusive - I do have that one.

The DD promos I have are:

MCSPEC
MUKSPEC
SDCCP2
PNSCS
REDDSPEC

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were quite a lot of promos and special photo inserts for Dungeon Dolls. In addition to the five listed by miket999, there was a promo by Scott Blair released at Hero Con: HCSPEC

There were four Photo Insert cards that were found in packs:

PhotoBabe1
PhotoBabe2
PhotoBabe3
NudePhotoBabe2

There were only 100 of each of these inserts made. NudePhotoBabe1 didn't make it into the release and was supposed to be a bonus insert in the recent Bombshells of War sets but that didn't happen, so that card will remain elusive.

The other card you have seen was an internet exclusive. I think you had to request the promo through Axebone's site, but to honest I cannot remember for certain how I got mine so that could be wrong. The card is labeled: InternetExclusive. 500 of them were printed. I do not have spares of either this card or the Hero Con Promo. The Hero Con one in particualr was hard to track down.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the SDCCP2 is the hardest card to find. I've only seen 1 on eBay in the past 2 years. I was lucky that at the last Philly Show I bought a DD set w/sketch and the dealer gave me the SDCCP2 for free. Asked if he wanted anything for it and still said no. I then told him how hard it is to find that promo.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coalregion:
Actually, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the SDCCP2 is the hardest card to find.
You could well be right. I was only talking about my own experience in picking up the promos. The Hero Con promo was the one I had most trouble obtaining at the time Smile .

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the SDCCP2, from what I recall, they were for San Diego but the dealer who had them didn't bring them to the show, for whatever reason, or he didn't have them in time, and he later made the
P2 available with orders or thru a SASE offer

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the one I hadn't seen before

Check out the one on the far left, second one down, says Internet exclusive of Valerie Cormier

http://www.collectablechris.com/dungeon-dolls.html

Anyone have one of these ?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pictures it seems to be the Hero Con one that I do not have.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How was the Cormier promo made available ? A sendaway offer ? Anyone know ?

Over the past 2-3 years, I would email Axe to ask what promos existed, but this one was never mentioned. I never saw anything on his website, either

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
How was the Cormier promo made available ? A sendaway offer ? Anyone know ?

Over the past 2-3 years, I would email Axe to ask what promos existed, but this one was never mentioned. I never saw anything on his website, either

The Valerie Cormier promo was offer on the Bad Axe Studios website awhile ago. They were available for $5.00 each back then but sold out pretty quick.

I just went through my promos. I need a PNSCS and I have the following promos from Dungeon Dolls to trade (MUKSPEC, REDDSPEC & MCSPEC). Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post