Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Oddball Batman Forever 3D cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oddball Batman Forever 3D cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I picked up a 6-card set of Batman Forever cards early last year. I had seen a single offered for about $15 but then saw the whole set for just a little more than that so I took a chance on it because I'd never heard of it before seeing the single.

The cards are 3 x 4 (7.5 x 10cm) and each one is in its own cello-pack but the plastic is different. The fronts are framed by a gray border with small Batman-related symbols all around but with a larger Batman Forever logo in the lower right corner and card nummbering on the upper left corner in Spanish (card 1 is "Serie de Coleccion 1 de 6"). However, rather than a photo from the movie on the fronts, there is artwork with 3D backgrounds. The cards have rounded corners. I can't see the backs because each card is backed by a piece of thin cardboard.

I was told the set came from a Kellogg's promotion in Argentina but I've never seen a note on it and haven't seen any singles on Ebay in the past year. It's possible it's an elaborate unlicensed set but the artwork is detailed along with the 3D imagery and putting each one in its own pack would be an extra expense you wouldn't expect of a Broder.

If anyone is familiar with this set, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you could, could you please send scans to my email mbible@beckett.com. I would like to add this to my list for importation into Beckett's database. I have never seen or heard of them before.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These sound a lot like the Lord of the Rings cards Kellogg's did when the films came out.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These are a legitimate issue done for Batman Forever, I recall. Set of 6 issued with cereal and it is a foreign issue. I will dig out my set to see if I can recall any additional info.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay. I'll try to scan them this weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
If you could, could you please send scans to my email mbible@beckett.com. I would like to add this to my list for importation into Beckett's database. I have never seen or heard of them before.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are like those only larger than standard size. I have the German set for "The Two Towers" and those cards are smaller than standard size.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
These sound a lot like the Lord of the Rings cards Kellogg's did when the films came out.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Batman.

quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
These are a legitimate issue done for Batman Forever, I recall. Set of 6 issued with cereal and it is a foreign issue. I will dig out my set to see if I can recall any additional info.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Any luck with more info?

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi BeckettBible,

Are the scans I sent good enough? If you could use a rescan at higher resolution, just let me know.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
quote:

Any luck with more info?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think I have the cereal box they came in I will absolutely check tonight

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the #2 card from the set:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
This is a set of 6 individually sealed cards issued in 1995 in Latin America inside Kellog cereal boxes. They are very well done. However, the backs have a tendency to peel off revealing that they are actually stickers that kids could affix to their school gear.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Promoking. I have the set with each card still in its cello-pack so I didn't know they were actually stickers.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
This is a set of 6 individually sealed cards issued in 1995 in Latin America inside Kellog cereal boxes. They are very well done. However, the backs have a tendency to peel off revealing that they are actually stickers that kids could affix to their school gear.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see a card # 3 on the auction site now

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post