Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    STAR WARS What have I found? please identify
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STAR WARS What have I found? please identify
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
http://i261.photobucket.com/al...STARWARSHOLOGRAM.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/al...WARSHOLOGRAMBACK.jpg

Is this a promo? If not, is it scarce? When was it issued?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
A never released chase card. I've seen them on ebay.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Vader hologram card is included with the Galaxy 1 Factory Set and C3PO/R2D2 is included with the Galaxy 2 Factory Set.

They are not rare.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Yea, I just seen one listed as taken form factory set, not available in packs or boxes.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Merci Archifou! Alors ce n'est rien d'extraordinaire. C'est facil a a trouver?
OK so I took a chance on an undiscovered promo and I lost. Back to the hunt Roll Eyes

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I do it all the time, pays off more than not.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a Topps Star Wars promo that is not listed in PCE, which no one seems to talk about

It is an unnumbered card, that was apparently given out by some artist at a UK show, back in the mid-2000s. It is not a sketch card. It depicts, from what I recall, a prototype drawing of a space ship from one of the original Star Wars movies, and the back talks about how the artist designed same. It is definitely by Topps. Sort of an unusual card. Has anyone else seen this one ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It came from the Memorabilia show. Topps had set up at the show and had one the artists at their table. He was doing these for anyone who went up and asked for one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have a Topps Star Wars promo that is not listed in PCE, which no one seems to talk about

It is an unnumbered card, that was apparently given out by some artist at a UK show, back in the mid-2000s. It is not a sketch card. It depicts, from what I recall, a prototype drawing of a space ship from one of the original Star Wars movies, and the back talks about how the artist designed same. It is definitely by Topps. Sort of an unusual card. Has anyone else seen this one ?

Do you have a scan? Off the top of my head I do not recall ever hearing of this card from the description.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can post a scan later this week

Wolfie, to clarify, the card had a printed sketch on it of a spaceship. When you said the artist was "doing it", that suggests that he drew something on it. This was not a sketch card that someone drew on. It is a regular card by Topps.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I know these have sold on ebay in the past but I don't seem to be able to locate one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Do you have a scan? Off the top of my head I do not recall ever hearing of this card from the description.

You can see a scan of this card here:

http://starwarsimages.home.com...warsimages/rares.htm

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, that appears to be the one I have. I thought the front image was different, but it's been a few years since I have looked at mine. It's likely the same.

I recall when these came out, they were selling for $100

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes that's the one, you don't see them very often these days.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
There should be a lot of these for sale, I mean, who would want that UGLY card.