Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Rugrats Australia question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugrats Australia question
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I'm guessing that if anyone knows, they're likely Aussies. I have a 17 card, a bit oversized, promo set of the Rugrats issued in Australia in 1999. Does anyone know how this set was distributed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

That doesn't sound familiar. What company made it?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I'm guessing that if anyone knows, they're likely Aussies. I have a 17 card, a bit oversized, promo set of the Rugrats issued in Australia in 1999. Does anyone know how this set was distributed?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Jess,
I'm sorry. I wish I remembered how to post pictures. The backs say 1999 Viacom International Inc. They have a bluish background with the words Nickelodeon and Rugrats written across them. Thick cardstock. I saw 1 set sold according to Worthpoint but I don't have an account with them. Maybe one of our Australian or New Zealand collector buddies can chime in.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not have these, but what do the 1997 Tempo Rugrats B1 card (intended for binder but never released) and the 2 "Ultimate Chase Cards" (50 of each made) look like?

Anyone have scans ? I have never seen these.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I have never heard of another promo lot for Rugrats
As my knowlege of the series only goes to the four card sets

To my recollection there is a set of promo or sample of all the inserts but have never seen them and do not know how many were in the set or what they look like

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I saw those. The two Ultimate Chase Card samples are blank where the serial number would be. I don't recall the B1 having any kind of promotional marking. Those were available through the same dealer who had the other Tempo sample sets in the late 90's.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I do not have these, but what do the 1997 Tempo Rugrats B1 card (intended for binder but never released) and the 2 "Ultimate Chase Cards" (50 of each made) look like?

Anyone have scans ? I have never seen these.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Albert, I'll do some digging and get back to you on this issue... Metal

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day David R.
I do have the Tempo 1997 Rugrats Set which features the B1 card and 1 of the Ultimate Chase cards
Also noticed card 97, I'm giving it a strong push as a promo
As I dont know how to post pics here, I'll post some pics on FB Promotional Trading cards so you can see... Thumb Up

If this is not allowed by Moderators, Apologies in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardscout182,

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Photos have been posted... Thumb Up Wave