Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Rugrats Australia question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugrats Australia question
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I'm guessing that if anyone knows, they're likely Aussies. I have a 17 card, a bit oversized, promo set of the Rugrats issued in Australia in 1999. Does anyone know how this set was distributed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 757 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

That doesn't sound familiar. What company made it?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I'm guessing that if anyone knows, they're likely Aussies. I have a 17 card, a bit oversized, promo set of the Rugrats issued in Australia in 1999. Does anyone know how this set was distributed?

Posts: 1248 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Jess,
I'm sorry. I wish I remembered how to post pictures. The backs say 1999 Viacom International Inc. They have a bluish background with the words Nickelodeon and Rugrats written across them. Thick cardstock. I saw 1 set sold according to Worthpoint but I don't have an account with them. Maybe one of our Australian or New Zealand collector buddies can chime in.

Posts: 757 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not have these, but what do the 1997 Tempo Rugrats B1 card (intended for binder but never released) and the 2 "Ultimate Chase Cards" (50 of each made) look like?

Anyone have scans ? I have never seen these.

Posts: 4270 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I have never heard of another promo lot for Rugrats
As my knowlege of the series only goes to the four card sets

To my recollection there is a set of promo or sample of all the inserts but have never seen them and do not know how many were in the set or what they look like

Posts: 409 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I saw those. The two Ultimate Chase Card samples are blank where the serial number would be. I don't recall the B1 having any kind of promotional marking. Those were available through the same dealer who had the other Tempo sample sets in the late 90's.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I do not have these, but what do the 1997 Tempo Rugrats B1 card (intended for binder but never released) and the 2 "Ultimate Chase Cards" (50 of each made) look like?

Anyone have scans ? I have never seen these.

Posts: 1248 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post