Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Speed Racer Promo Card Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speed Racer Promo Card Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have managed to find cards # 2, 3, 4, and 5 over the past few months, just by picking up sealed VHS tapes on ebay.

I saw a loose card # 7 sell on ebay about a month ago, but I missed that one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have recently seen sealed VHS tapes with cards # 1, 7 and 8 inside. In fact, I have seen multiples of the latter two.

I still have never seen Card # 6 or the VHS that it came in.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to update the list

Adventure 1 "The Great Plan"
Adventure 2 "The Secret Engine"
Adventure 3 "The Fastest Car on Earth"
Adventure 4 "Race Against Time"
Adventure 5 "Crash in The Jungle"
Adventure 6 "The Desperate Desert Race"
Adventure 7 "Girl Daredevil"
Adventure 8 "The Royal Racer"

As mentioned, I personally have not yet seen the sixth VHS (Desperate Desert Race) with card # 6, but I have seen all of the others.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #6:

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Have recently seen sealed VHS tapes with cards # 1, 7 and 8 inside. In fact, I have seen multiples of the latter two.

I still have never seen Card # 6 or the VHS that it came in.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I suspect that there are only 8 cards in the set.

I have seen multiple copies of the sealed VHS # 9 to 12, but none of them seem to have cards inside.

This particular series of VHS tapes seems to go up to at least Vol.12.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I suspect that there are only 8 cards in the set.

I have seen multiple copies of the sealed VHS # 9 to 12, but none of them seem to have cards inside.

This particular series of VHS tapes seems to go up to at least Vol.12.

If you look closely at the spine, you'll notice that #9 and up have different number fonts, so I assume they were added later.

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just looked and I saw someone with all 12 VHS tapes. He has the first 8 sealed with ALL of the cards inside. Unfortunately, he's not selling the tapes separately. Asking $ 150, which is too much for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have extras on cards # 1, 3, and 4.

Willing to trade for a card # 6.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone has sealed VHS tapes 1 to 4 on ebay now, asking price $ 200.00 Frown

Meanwhile, another person has 2 of the same tapes with the cards, $ 5 to $ 6 each. Smile

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Took me about 4 years, but I finally found all 8 cards. Picked up a sealed VHS tape with card #6 in it last week. Only cost $ 20.