Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Looking to contact Glenn Leonard
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to contact Glenn Leonard
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted
Does anyone know how to contact Glenn Leonard? He was a really big promo card collector at one time. I have been trying to contact him for a while and would appreciate help in doing so. Even if you forward my note to him, he should still have my email address.
Thanks

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to check with Tony of Triangle Cards. I know sometimes they had traveled together in the past or at least hung out at some shows.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There's a name i have not heard for a few years now, i hope he is ok.

I met him once when he set up as a dealer at a UK show, probably Memorabilia, long time ago now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I tried Tony, no luck there. I have known him for 20 years and havent heard from him since the Oct 2009 Philly Show.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Michael, email sent.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know how to contact Glenn Leonard?

I would like to have his contact info too.

Greg if you can contact me, I would appreciate :-)

Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever manage to reach him?

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to contact him or connect with anyone who knows how to find him. The only connection there is would be the seller on "that site" and she never responds when you ask her for info about him, or if you even ask her to forward a note to him.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
he turned up on anywho.com on the first try. I thought you were a policeman, Mr. Beam... Smile

I don't want to post that info. Maybe you tried the phone number already. What do I know.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. I retired before I made detective! I found his old address there, not sure about the other locations.
Thanks!

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I have not been able to contact him or connect with anyone who knows how to find him. The only connection there is would be the seller on "that site" and she never responds when you ask her for info about him, or if you even ask her to forward a note to him.

I think that seller is Glenn. I have tried the route of sending messages to that seller too. I know at least the phone numbers, address, and email that I had for him have all changed. Have not tried anywho.com yet to see if anything is different.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was trying to think of the last time I heard from Glenn. I think I won an Ebay auction of his (was it 2006 or 2007) and then he just gave me an unreleased Rolling Stones prototype from Cornerstone (he had acquired a lot of unreleased/oddball cards from the company owner after it went out-of-business). After that, someone with similar stuff was selling on Ebay but he was gone. I think I met him once at the San Diego Comic-Con.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I was trying to find him just to say hello and to see how he is doing. I am going to Philly in May and hope he shows up. It would be good to see him again. He always had the rarest promos and alot of other cool stuff too. He went to the UK and got me the very rare Disney Treasures Binder that was only available at that show. There were only 200 made and there wasn't one left by the end of the first day.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got an email from him yesterday, for the first time in many years. Michael, if you want his current email address, please email me

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
Could you email me Glenn's email as well please.
Albert

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have received a card from him today as an ebay win.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to Glenn Leonard? Or Ronald Moore?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

Yeah, both Glenn and Ron were huge collectors in the late 90's to early 2000's. I traded with both of them. Ron was in the military but he seemed to keep his collection with him. I heard Glenn sold much of his collection and a friend of his was selling what was left on Ebay in the late 2000's. I think Ron sold his collection too. I thought someone said something about him on the board here but couldn't find the post.

Greta passed away about 10 years ago. You know about Bill.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
What ever happened to Glenn Leonard? Or Ronald Moore?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I can confirm that both Glenn and Ron are still selling on Ebay although neither is regularly selling cards anymore. They both sold off their collections years ago. Leonard still lives in Texas and Ron is still in the armed forces. I'll send send you their info privately. Fran Ross, who was also a passionate promo card collector, passed away a few years ago. Michael Beamer who was also and avid collector, sold off his entire collection and retired to Florida. He still posts here once in a while.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That was "Michael Beam" - though we called him The Beamer and that's how he posted. Big Grin (After all, he did start this thread ...) I think he held on to most of his collectibles related to Desert Storm/National Guard etc. and Disneyana. He helped me out just a few months back.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post