Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    2010 Twilight Toys are Us packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Twilight Toys are Us packs
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted
Just gauging peoples thoughts on if it's a promo pack or not.
2010 Twilight movie pack containing 9 cards numbered T-1 thru to T-9. The front of each pack has an embossed Toys R Us sticker attached. I would probably open the pack and keep the wrapper. thoughts comments welcome.. Wavey Big Grin

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allender says it was for sale at Toys R Us so it wasn't a promo. It was a store exclusive sold for a limited time, so yeah, I say open the pack and keep the wrapper. An unopened pack carries the risk that any cards with a UV-protective coating might be stuck together though some collectors still like to keep some unopened packs.

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
Just gauging peoples thoughts on if it's a promo pack or not.
2010 Twilight movie pack containing 9 cards numbered T-1 thru to T-9. The front of each pack has an embossed Toys R Us sticker attached. I would probably open the pack and keep the wrapper. thoughts comments welcome.. Wavey Big Grin

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you want to do with it. I would have opened it up long ago, if I had a binder of RA Twilight Zone sets to put it with. However, as you have it with no need to see the cards to this point, what has changed now?

Yes the cards could be bricked, probably not, but it doesn't matter. No one can prove they aren't mint in pack until it's opened, which is why the smart move is not to open and sell them as mint, if moving them on is the ultimate goal. If they are just your cards, of course open it up.

This is the same type of discussion we have about RA incentive cards or RA autograph cards that come in a hard plastic with the gold RA seal over the top. Do you break the seal and put them with the set or leave them laying around intact? If you think you may want to sell them someday, leave them intact. If you have no plans to ever sell, break the seal and enjoy your card where it belongs.

Most cards in unopened packs or in seals really aren't worth enough money to worry about either way, but at least a sealed pack maintains its mystery. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I never knew about those.

I recall that the store "Hot Topic" had a Twilight foil chase card by Inkworks exclusive to their version of the card packs. Would that be considered a promo ? Was not available anywhere else

Did Hot Topics have any other exclusive Inkworks cards ?

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that would be more a chase card variant than a promo. It's another example of retail packs having different versions of chase cards from hobby packs. It's more complicated when a card is worded or numbered as a promo and it's inserted with regular cards in packs that are for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I never knew about those.

I recall that the store "Hot Topic" had a Twilight foil chase card by Inkworks exclusive to their version of the card packs. Would that be considered a promo ? Was not available anywhere else

Did Hot Topics have any other exclusive Inkworks cards ?

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback and Info. Hope you're all well Wave Thumb Up

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are there any other cards of Twilight either Inkworks or Neca that have been issued with Twilight toys other than the Hot Topic card ?

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Not sure Rosso, I'm expecting a delivery soon of various Twilight New Moon promo sets, so will let you know what arrives... Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All Good
Thanks Adrian

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe the Hot Topic exclusive card was HT-1, Who is Bella ? Very common on ebay.

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post