Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    TV Week Australian promos question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Week Australian promos question
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted
Remember these? 32-cards and 32-foil stamped parallel versions all showcasing TV shows.

How were these distributed originally?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Theses a second set too. Meant to mention that.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Gday Todd, I actually purchased these back in the day when they came out. they were stuck onto individual TV Week ( like the US TV Guide ), magazines over a number of weeks, stuck on with the clear sticky stuff like when you get a visa card in the mail, so as not to damage the cards. Random magazines had the Gold Foil stamp, making up a full set of 32 cards and 32 identical cards with the Gold Foil stamp.
There were two series that came out and also two collector albums... TV shows included, The X-Files, The Simpsons, The Nanny, M.A.S.H etc Hope this helps Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
It helps! Thanks. I call that "booger blue". Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
happy to help Todd
Thumb Up
Yeah, it's like booger glue

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
There's a further continuation to this story, with pics.!!
I'll email you Todd Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Is there a stamped version of series 1 of 24 TV Week promos? Also, how were the albums issued?

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Is there a stamped version of series 1 of 24 TV Week promos? Also, how were the albums issued?

Yes, according to page 153 of PCE 2008 although I not seen one which I suppose is the reason for your question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
The albums I saw back in the day, were at newsagents, all over the place, plus down the street from where I lived. The gold foil stamped versions are available and still around, yes. The cards were stuck on TV Week magazines, there's a few occasionally on Ebay, that pop up from time to time. Also, next month there's a big collector con here in Sydney, so I'll keep my eyes open for those TV Week cards and Albums Thumb Up

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in an album or at the least, an image of the album Smile
I collected the Trek ones way back 'in the day'.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Lynne, are you still collecting today?
Still just narrowing your searches to Star Trek? Wavey Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking for Series One gold Stamped cards ever since the cards came out and I have found no mention of any number of the 24 stamped with the “Classic TV”. I would have thought at least one or two of them would have shown up since 1994.

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

Yes, according to page 153 of PCE 2008 although I not seen one which I suppose is the reason for your question.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
G'day Cecil, yes those Gold Foil stamped cards are around, there's a couple on local ebay here in Oz. They do float around the collectors market a bit from time to time, just gotta keep our eyes peeled Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I have at least one of the sets, bought way back when, because I wanted the card of the Simpsons TV show that was in it. I think I may have picked up the Gold version as well. I'll check.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post