Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
TV Week Australian promos question

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/2687050496

August 02, 2020, 06:46 PM
pcetodd
TV Week Australian promos question
Remember these? 32-cards and 32-foil stamped parallel versions all showcasing TV shows.

How were these distributed originally?
August 02, 2020, 06:48 PM
pcetodd
Theses a second set too. Meant to mention that.
August 03, 2020, 11:13 AM
cardscout182
Gday Todd, I actually purchased these back in the day when they came out. they were stuck onto individual TV Week ( like the US TV Guide ), magazines over a number of weeks, stuck on with the clear sticky stuff like when you get a visa card in the mail, so as not to damage the cards. Random magazines had the Gold Foil stamp, making up a full set of 32 cards and 32 identical cards with the Gold Foil stamp.
There were two series that came out and also two collector albums... TV shows included, The X-Files, The Simpsons, The Nanny, M.A.S.H etc Hope this helps Thumb Up
August 03, 2020, 03:11 PM
pcetodd
It helps! Thanks. I call that "booger blue". Smile
August 03, 2020, 07:14 PM
cardscout182
happy to help Todd
Thumb Up
Yeah, it's like booger glue
August 06, 2020, 04:04 AM
cardscout182
There's a further continuation to this story, with pics.!!
I'll email you Todd Thumb Up
April 17, 2021, 08:30 PM
Cecil
Is there a stamped version of series 1 of 24 TV Week promos? Also, how were the albums issued?
April 18, 2021, 03:14 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Is there a stamped version of series 1 of 24 TV Week promos? Also, how were the albums issued?

Yes, according to page 153 of PCE 2008 although I not seen one which I suppose is the reason for your question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

April 22, 2021, 01:45 AM
cardscout182
The albums I saw back in the day, were at newsagents, all over the place, plus down the street from where I lived. The gold foil stamped versions are available and still around, yes. The cards were stuck on TV Week magazines, there's a few occasionally on Ebay, that pop up from time to time. Also, next month there's a big collector con here in Sydney, so I'll keep my eyes open for those TV Week cards and Albums Thumb Up
April 22, 2021, 06:38 AM
STCardGeek
I'd be interested in an album or at the least, an image of the album Smile
I collected the Trek ones way back 'in the day'.

April 23, 2021, 09:59 AM
cardscout182
G'day Lynne, are you still collecting today?
Still just narrowing your searches to Star Trek? Wavey Thumb Up
May 04, 2021, 02:25 AM
Cecil
I’ve been looking for Series One gold Stamped cards ever since the cards came out and I have found no mention of any number of the 24 stamped with the “Classic TV”. I would have thought at least one or two of them would have shown up since 1994.

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

Yes, according to page 153 of PCE 2008 although I not seen one which I suppose is the reason for your question.

May 05, 2021, 06:59 AM
cardscout182
G'day Cecil, yes those Gold Foil stamped cards are around, there's a couple on local ebay here in Oz. They do float around the collectors market a bit from time to time, just gotta keep our eyes peeled Wavey
May 08, 2021, 06:59 PM
chesspieceface
I have at least one of the sets, bought way back when, because I wanted the card of the Simpsons TV show that was in it. I think I may have picked up the Gold version as well. I'll check.