Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Crossed promo cards by Avatar
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossed promo cards by Avatar
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Definitely a pre-order. It's in the January issue of Previews for items shipping in March. Depending on when during the month of March it is released, some subscribers may not get them until their April shipment.
The Avatar retailer Comics Cavalcade has the set currently listed for sale, too, but I don't know if you'd get them any earlier ordering the set that way. It would definitely cost more.

I would imagines it all hinges upon when the Issue #25 is published.

Even so, this is Avatar, who have an excellent record of releasing what they've offered on time. If this set was from Dynamic Forces, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
I think it's due on the 13 March 2013 aka C-Day. Avatar have a big promotion of Crossed each year. It started last year with the introduction of Crossed Badlands #1. Avatar have posters, masks, badges, stickers/tattoos to promote Crossed in comic stores. The 13 March 2013 should coincide with issue 25 of Crossed Badlands (issued every two weeks Smile) and the return of creator/writer Garth Ennis to the series Smile with issue 25. So with such a big event hopefully it should ship on time.

I think the issue also looks at the origin of "patient x" and how the Crossed came about.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of our fellow collectors spoke with Comic Cavalcade the other day, and was told that these boxed sets are now SOLD OUT, but that a few will be available to comic stores who ordered them. Sounds like alot will not get them.

However, the good news is that my friend asked if CC would sell him the promos separately from the boxed set, and they agreed to do so, so his promo set is on the way !

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My friend just received all 6 of these in the mail. In case anyone is wondering, they are:

1- Emerald City Con (shows guy with axe)
2- C2E2 (redheaded girl)
3- Wondercon (guy with scars across chest)
4- Phoenix Con (guy with bloody shirt)
5- San Diego Con (guy with blue hood/cape)
6- Avatar Panel (2 guys, one with hammer)

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
C-Day today Smile

The Deluxe Set didn't ship to my local comic shop today Frown

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Just found this info:-

Diamond Comic Distributors estimates the Crossed #25 boxed sets will reach retailers for the April 10th on-sale week and to be immediately sold out from their warehouse

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My comic order is sent out early each month, so if that date turns out to be accurate, I wouldn't get the set I ordered until my May shipment.
Hopefully, they'll have them a week or so early, April 3rd would be good, and I could then receive it in with my April order after all. I'll just be happy to get a set at all. It sounds like these were a pretty hot ticket!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
I've had confirmation from local comic shop that the Crossed 25 Deluxe Set will arrive this week (Wednesday 10th April) Smile

....... I probably won't be able to collect mine until Sunday Frown

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
received mine last week
I live in Toronto

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my April order very early this month. It actually had issue #26 in it, so I was disappointed it wasn't in there as I can't even read the #26 until I get it!

But if the delay is indeed one month from the original solicit date, I should get my pack in with my May order, fingers "crossed" along with issues #27 and #28.

HCBrewer, can we see your Sketch cover?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I received my April order very early this month. It actually had issue #26 in it, so I was disappointed it wasn't in there as I can't even read the #26 until I get it!

Ennis on top form - looks like it's going to be a good arc

HCBrewer, can we see your Sketch cover?

Good call! Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I should be getting two of these boxed sets from my comic store next week. After giving it much thought, I'm only going to keep one for myself. Anyone interested in the second one, let me know by posting here !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
David
I'd be interesdted let me know
Jeff

JPTSAMS@COMCAST.NET

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff, email sent

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
here is a link to a picture of the cover

sketch covers

I am not sure who the artist is
and looks like they tried to cover something up with the black

the comic is Badlands # 1

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
The artist is Ken Meyer.

I also like the Jacen Burrows Crossed sketch covers Thumb Up Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Man, some of those Crossed covers take bad taste to a whole new level...!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Avatar, the company that publishes it, has a roster of artists who work in a hyper detailed style, so whatever they draw is done with gusto.

"Crossed" is definitely not supposed to be pleasant, springing from the mind of writer Garth Ennis, who has always pushed the boundaries of "decency" in his work, from slapstick to the darkest humor, and sometimes out and out horror. Even his superhero stories are highly subversive.

I actually only buy the issues of Crossed written by Ennis himself, but I collect everything he writes as he's a top 3 all-time comics writer on my list. But he's definitely not for everyone. His violent, realistic war comics, ironically, tend to be the closest thing to something he writes for a more general audience.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
here is a link to a picture of the cover

sketch covers

the comic is Badlands # 1

I kind of figured the sketch would be on a blank cover version of #25, but still, very nice! The Burrows ones are excellent, too. He's one of those Avatar Comics artists capable of insane detail, so as nice as those drawings are, I'll bet he knocked them out in about 2 minutes each. Those guys are that good.

I've been lucky enough to see Arthur Adams, Chris Weston, George Perez, Jim Lee, Sergio Aragones, and Geof Darrow, (all of them detail masters) draw in person and it is always something to behold.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Posting these for David R.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post