Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    New 5Finity Promos (Cherry, Lady Death) ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 5Finity Promos (Cherry, Lady Death) ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I mentioned these above in the General Card section.

I've seen 6 new Lady Death cards, 1LD2 to 6LD2, that come inserted randomly in the new Lady Death packs (only 600 packs made) by 5Finity. Some of these are limited to 50 to 150, and there appear to be limited variants

Do people consider these to be promos ? They are being sold on ebay as such. From what I have seen, they don't say promo on them, nor do they advertise anything

I have also seen on ebay Cherry Poptart C1, C3, and C1P-C3P, all being described as promos. Are these actually chase cards ? Where were they inserted ? People seem to be asking ALOT for them ! The C1P-C3P actully DO say promo on the backs

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If it does not say promo or promote anything it can hardly be a promo whatever anyone says.

A lot of the promos or alledged promos that are appearing on ebay have not aquired a value from anywhere. The sellers are just plucking a figure out of the air in the hope that somebody will fall for it and buy it.

Remember that sellers ask the prices but it is the collectors who set the prices by buying or not buying.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I would call them chase cards

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Lady Deaths promote a Series 2 ? I have not seen what the backs of the cards look like

As for Cherry, looking at the auction sites, C1P-C3P seem to say Super Promo on the backs, but I'm not sure what they promote. I don't know what C1-C3 say on them

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Here's the scoop from 5FINITY

quote:
Lady Death Series 2 trading cards
The first three cards, numbered 1LD2 (#'d to 500), 2LD2 (#'d to 200) and 3LD2 (#'d to 100), are randomly inserted in all 900 packs of Lady Death Series 2.

The second three cards, "the black bordered cards", numbered 4LD2 (#'d to 150), 5LD2 (#'d to 100) and 6LD2 (#'d to 50) are only available in the high numbered packs of Lady Death Series 2 (packs #601-900).

To make things more interesting, each of the first three cards, 1LD2-3LD2, had a 1 of 1, 1 of 5 and 1 of 10 die-cut, serial numbered variant.

For Cherry there was an Ultra Rare Three Card Promo Set which was only available to folks who ordered and paid early. This limited set was an early pay incentive for orders of ten packs or more; around 25 of these sets were distributed. They were numbered C1P, C2P and C3P, respectively.

There were also regular trading cards inserted into the Cherry packs:
C1 - #'d to 300
C2 - #'d to 100
C3 - #'d to 75
C4 - #'d to 50
C5 - #'d to 25
And yes, there was the Chicago Cherry promo, too.

As with most anything in this hobby, the definition of Promo is up to the collector. Nobody should tell anyone else what they should or should not collect.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also see on the auction sites at least 2 different 5Finity card sets called "Car Wash Craziness" (one being Cherry Poptart) which some people are calling promos but, again, seem to be chase card inserts, from what I can tell