Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Police Dept. promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Dept. promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
Does anyone happen to collect the promos that Police Depts. have issued in the past? The cards are mainly printed as promo items for the Policemen and Women to give kids to help build a good relationship with them. The set is titled: "BUILDING A BOND BETWEEN COPS & KIDS".

I have singles to trade from a set released back in the late 90's by the Marion County Police Department in Indianapolis.

Let me know if you have an interest.
Cecil

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just picked up some cards from the U.S. Border Patrol

They were set up @ the New York State Fair
they had very limited amounts of cards they gave out ;

2 different Canine Unit cards featuring ; Ali & Wodan
and 2 cards featuring ;
27' Sea Ark VC Commander &
a 2003b Hummer Search & Rescue

I've got some extras for trades
Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
I just picked up some cards from the U.S. Border Patrol

They were set up @ the New York State Fair
they had very limited amounts of cards they gave out ;

2 different Canine Unit cards featuring ; Ali & Wodan
and 2 cards featuring ;
27' Sea Ark VC Commander &
a 2003b Hummer Search & Rescue

I've got some extras for trades
Kevin

Want to trade for some of my COP cards?

Let me know-
Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Here is a sample of the cards from Indianapolis.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I know the Fauquier County (where I live)Sheriff's Department put out cards some years back, again aimed at the kids. I never got more than a couple of these and to be honest, have not seen them in quite some time. Not sure where they are.

I know other sheriff departments have done similar cards as well.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've got some from Contra Costra County , CA and Vancouver BC . Probably have more if i knew where i put them . Lots of police departments issued cards , just have to do a lot of searching to find them .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Cool, glad at least this stirred up a comment or two!!

I have available for trade....about 50 different cards. I lucked into these as I used to work in a print shop back in the late 90's. We didn't print the cards but a pressman that ran the cards, came over to our shop and cut them. I just happened to be on good terms with him and he just loaded a box up for me. These have been stashed away since then...I know, imagine that!! :-)

Some cards I have more or, others less....so depending on who responds when, all 50 would be available.

Keep them posts a comin'!!
Cecil

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of these. Not sure how many extras.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I have a bunch of these. Not sure how many extras.
Ace

Yeah, but the REAL question is....do you want MORE!?!?!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a 50 card set titled Troopers Across America. It has photos of the Highway patrol cars of all 50 States. Really nice and different. Does anyone know if these were promotional? The only reason I think they may be is because the package says "Millenium edition . Officially licensed Product the Ford Motor Company". Anybody?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Kevin asked me to post a scan of the Border Patrol cards that he got:

Great find Albert, I had not heard of those before.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike and Kevin,
Thanks for posting the cards.

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
We get quite a few here in SD. They are given to the cops to hand out to kids. Promotes good will with the police. We have border police as well as county and city.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I have a card of the past Mayor of my city and he autographed it while he was still in office and our picture was printed on the front page of the local newspaper as one of the last things he did as Mayor.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
I have a card of the past Mayor of my city and he autographed it while he was still in office and our picture was printed on the front page of the local newspaper as one of the last things he did as Mayor.

Since this is a police related thread - was the mayor arrested ?
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
He thought he "was" the head officer of the police force.(Probably working off his Dunkin' Donuts belly !!). Shake Head 1100 messages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Cool! We don't have anything like that here. A set based on the Emergency Services, for example, would be great.

The only 'Police' type promos I have are of (I think) the Canadian Mounted Police. Canadian something, anyway *shrug* Thanks to a link a member here posted years ago I picked up a set.

So, how are these distributed? Via a website, in person somewhere over there? It'd certainly be an interesting card series to collect, anyway Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Cool! We don't have anything like that here. A set based on the Emergency Services, for example, would be great.

The only 'Police' type promos I have are of (I think) the Canadian Mounted Police. Canadian something, anyway *shrug* Thanks to a link a member here posted years ago I picked up a set.

So, how are these distributed? Via a website, in person somewhere over there? It'd certainly be an interesting card series to collect, anyway Smile

Most of the Cop cards are distributed by the individual officer's, somewhat like a business card, but the potential "clients" are children. The cards are used to make a connection with kids so they can feel comfortable around the Officer's.

The set that I have is 55 cards. Some are less, some are more. I have lots of singles to trade as well. Just let me know if you are interested. I would mainly be interested in Australian food issues or TV Week cards. You can see my wantlist to see a couple of the Australian items I am looking to complete.

Take care-
Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I posted about these cards waaaaaaaaaaaay back when and even had them featured in "Finders Keepers", along with a photo of one of my buddy's card.

I literally had thousands of these to trade or give away and had not one single taker.

I dunno what happened to all of them...I may still have them somewhere in the deep recesses of my collection. If I ever find them I will certainly break them out again and give them to any and all takers. I just gotta find 'em.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
A lot of fire departments have done these too. The Department I work for offers a ride to school in a fire truck if you can collect a whole set. We had to pay a third of the cost for 3000 cards.
And of course Fire cards are WAY cooler than Police cards! Wavey

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post