Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Police Dept. promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Dept. promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
I posted about these cards waaaaaaaaaaaay back when and even had them featured in "Finders Keepers", along with a photo of one of my buddy's card.

I literally had thousands of these to trade or give away and had not one single taker.

I dunno what happened to all of them...I may still have them somewhere in the deep recesses of my collection. If I ever find them I will certainly break them out again and give them to any and all takers. I just gotta find 'em.

Did you ever have a chance to search our your cards? I would definitely be interested if you find them.

Thanks-
Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
While doing some organizing in my collectibles room, I ran across a few different cop cards. I have some from:

Eldridge, Iowa
Benton County, Ontario, Canada (Drug Dog cards)
North Augusta, SC
Morris, IL
Midland, TX
Univ. of Calif.- Berkely, CA
Fairfield, CT.

No wonder i can't find things, I had these thrown in a box of Star Wars Movie Shots projectors and albums from the Netherlands. Twak

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
A company called Sannco did Police related card sets in the 90's. Also, the Suffolk County Police Department did a set of about 15 DARE cards.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Even the local Warrenton Police had cards 4 or 5 years ago. Only got 1 or 2 different ones I think...

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
If you do a Google search for Police Department Trading Cards you will find a number of agencies which issue, or have issued trading cards. Some of you might want to e-mail a few of these departments to see what's available.

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a small box full of the SANNCO Police Car Cards ( 150 cards to this set )
Series 1 1993

I have a nice size stack of Extras
and I'll be posting a tradelist very soon

If anyone has Singles from this set to trade , or needs any from this series , plmk

thanks , Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I come across a few of these cards sometimes when I pick up or just look at card lots on Ebay or elsewhere. In the mid-late 2000s, a company called "Mint Cards" made sets for police and fire departments (and other city services) across the country. That company went out of business sometime after 2010. Other companies were doing it before and it appears cards continue to be made these days. It would be a challenge just to get a card or two from even just most of the sets that have been made. There must be hundreds of sets because some cities have done it for multiple years.

As Beamer noted, before these, there were D.A.R.E. cards in the early 90's. I remember when a friend's kids were collecting them then and they gave me one (Buena Park Police, 1991).

Posts: 4377 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post