Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Old Promos: Marvel Universe IV Foil, Bench Warmer, Etc. . . Any Value?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Promos: Marvel Universe IV Foil, Bench Warmer, Etc. . . Any Value?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
I just picked up a lot of cards including a number of 90s promos. . .

Most have been pretty easy to come up with values -- Marvel Masterpieces I, Vampirella Blood Lust. . .

And then I found these. . .

Are any of these valuable or hard to find?

Thanks,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I have seen the Tiger Wylde one before
and am interested in it if its for trade

the encyclopedia of NS&ET cards
has it valued at $10
general distribution
there is 5 of these in the set

let me know if we can make a deal for it

Bullets would be sports so not in the ENS

The Exotic Dreams is listed
as general distribution
valued at $3 each
there was 5 of them #'d 40, 44, 47, 49, 50

hard to see the date on the Bench Warmer one
is it 1992 ?

would be the premiere edition
is listed as general distribution
valued at $2 each
and there was 9 of them (as it says)
it doesn't list the names for me to confirm its the right card

I hope that helps
and let me know about the Marvel Universe series IV promo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hcbrewer,

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can give you my opinion on the Marvel sample foil. There are 9 different ones in the set, one for each of the 9 regular chase cards on Marvel IV. I have 7 different ones, and have seen an eighth (Spider-Man 2099) but do not have one, myself. The only one I have not seen is the sample foil for Punisher 2099

It seems like some of them pop up more often than others. I would value the common Marvel IV samples at at least $ 10 each, but I can tell you that I saw a Spider-Man 2099 sell on ebay earlier this year for much more

Also desirable are the 3 different uncut sheets of the 9 sample foils (3 cards per sheet). I have two of them (missing the one which shows Doom 2099) The third one, I saw sell on ebay earlier this year for $ 85

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info! I'm guessing that Tiger Wylde must me one of the common ones. . .

Thank you both!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would say even a "common" foil sample is worth at least $20. I have seen only 3-4 different ones over the years (and 1-2 copies of those).

I bought the Vulture 2099 for $15 back in the 90's.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I can give you my opinion on the Marvel sample foil. There are 9 different ones in the set, one for each of the 9 regular chase cards on Marvel IV. I have 7 different ones, and have seen an eighth (Spider-Man 2099) but do not have one, myself. The only one I have not seen is the sample foil for Punisher 2099

It seems like some of them pop up more often than others. I would value the common Marvel IV samples at at least $ 10 each, but I can tell you that I saw a Spider-Man 2099 sell on ebay earlier this year for much more

Also desirable are the 3 different uncut sheets of the 9 sample foils (3 cards per sheet). I have two of them (missing the one which shows Doom 2099) The third one, I saw sell on ebay earlier this year for $ 85

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Webjon great pictures.
Marvel universe IV '93 Red Foil Stamped set is in the NSU-PG est Value $35. The NSU ENS&ETC '06 page 242 shows Est Value $4 each.

The Pro Basketball Cheerleaders by Lime Rock is in the NSU PCE&PG @$2.

ALSO David R. If you still need Marvel Universe IV '93 Red Foil Stamped #6 Punisher 2099 Email me.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
leaders by Lime Rock is in the NSU PCE&PG @$2.

ALSO David R. If you still need Marvel Universe IV '93 Red Foil Stamped #6 Punisher 2099 Email me.

Larry
If you don't hear from David
I'd be interested in this card Smile
Chris

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Larry, I just emailed you

David

mistermycroft@msn.com

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just pulled this out of an old box of comics. . . can't seem to find much info on it. . . There is a white border around the cards that got cut off when scanning -- opps! Does this have any value:

It's smaller than a comic, so these cards aren't actual card size.

Thanks!

Jon

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
That is a 94 Ultra X-men promo sheet. Worth $4-$5.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Just pulled this out of an old box of comics. . . can't seem to find much info on it. . . There is a white border around the cards that got cut off when scanning -- opps! Does this have any value:

It's smaller than a comic, so these cards aren't actual card size.

Thanks!

Jon

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting me know. . . I keep thinking I'm going to find something that is hard to find and cool, but not so much. . .