Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Has Anyone Seen This Cult Stuff promo ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Seen This Cult Stuff promo ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I do not personally have this one, but apparently it exists. Produced in the early 2010s when Cult Stuff, the UK company, made so many different cards.

It is for War of the Worlds. The card specifically advertises the Jeff Wayne musical version, and the art on the promo card is the same as the soundtrack for it. I believe this is what it looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.../File:WayneTWOTW.jpg

The back of the card is P1 and it says "Limited Test Card."

Anyone have one ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I haven't seen that one before.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I do not personally have this one, but apparently it exists. Produced in the early 2010s when Cult Stuff, the UK company, made so many different cards.

It is for War of the Worlds. The card specifically advertises the Jeff Wayne musical version, and the art on the promo card is the same as the soundtrack for it. I believe this is what it looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.../File:WayneTWOTW.jpg

The back of the card is P1 and it says "Limited Test Card."

Anyone have one ?

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd seen just about all Cult Stuff promos but that's a new one to me as well.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have never seen or heard of this card, either. I certainly do not have one.

A collector found one at a UK show many years ago. He confirmed that it depicts the same image as the CD soundtrack, seen in the link above.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Can anyone put up a picture of this card front and back?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Can't help feeling we might be on to something here. I can find nobody else who has this card. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David was able to get images of the front and back and he sent them to me.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting the pictures up. I am now really edging towards the belief that this is the only copy as i can get no confirmation that anyone has one or has even seen one.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Was this set ever released? I think I would have jumped on it if I had seen or heard of it before now. Major fan of this version of the story.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was never released. They had a couple more traditional WotW sets that they released 8 or 9 years ago.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From what I can make out the WotW Musical stage show is a more recent event so this must be a card produced and released long after Cult Stuff ceased. If you look at their website via the link provided on the NSU home page you will see an entry dated 5th November 2020 posted by JJ showing images of "Giant Insects Attack".

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

From what I can make out the WotW Musical stage show is a more recent event so this must be a card produced and released long after Cult Stuff ceased.

John the stage show has been going for a very long time, i have the dvd of it and that is 15 years old and i can confirm that this card was produced very much whilst Cult Stuff were in operation. The plan was to have this set made but for various reasons that i am not privvy to the deal fell through and the set was never done.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw a video with Liam Neeson in the lead role and that was at least the second recast for the production. I believe the show originally used Richard Burton's narrative.

Still waiting for a decent stateside tour!!

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie

Many thanks for the WotW info but what about the Giants Insects Attack posting?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Wolfie

Many thanks for the WotW info but what about the Giants Insects Attack posting?

regards

John

Very strange John, i have no information i can put forward for that one i'm afraid.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now that it seems to be the case that this could well be the only copy of this card would it be of any use to get it graded? If it came out as a 5 or a 10 it would still be the only one so i would have thought the grading was irrelevant.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Now that it seems to be the case that this could well be the only copy of this card would it be of any use to get it graded? If it came out as a 5 or a 10 it would still be the only one so i would have thought the grading was irrelevant.

If you KNOW the grade will be 8 or better and ONLY if you intend to put it up for sale right now and ONLY if you know that there is a group of people who are interested in owning it, then it might get you more in a slab. You have to know who the potential bidders will be, as it is possible that grading might actually turn someone off it, but for a singularity I wouldn't think so.

The key is that you are grading it to make more money in the sale. Otherwise, if you are keeping it, it will only cost you more money for bragging rights for something you already have.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post